1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Slight sound issue When Selecting Effects

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by dermyod, Apr 4, 2011.

1. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

Hi im having a slight sound issue when selecting Effectss

when i have effects bank 1 and 2 off i can scroll through the effects with no issues, but when i turn them on i get a slight stuttering sound to the track that is playing, all the controls for the effects volume down at 0, could this just be a bug or is this a latency issue

2. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

i couldnt be the only person with this problem

3. wezzelby

wezzelby NI Product Owner

No indeed here's the same

4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

You haven't given us your setups

5. wezzelby

Dell studio 1558 i5 2.40 GHz, 4GB ram, 320 Gb 7200 rpm,audio 10 TSP2.
    It's an optimized dualboot TSP1 works like a charm. TSP2 also but it has only glitches on selecting the effectsslots "fx1,fx2" on my 2 X1's. Also tryed every latency that's possible within TSP2

6. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

macbook pro i5 4Gb ram

this never happened on TSP1,

7. cmeid

cmeid Forum Member

I often have a brief drop when I hit an effect for the first time in a while, but after that everything is fine.

This was also not an issue in TP1

8. ivarzz

ivarzz Forum Member

+1 the same issue with MacBookPro3,1. Internal or external mode... built in soundcard or external soundacrd..

It can't be so that dj should use only one efx during the set using TSP2 right? :D

9. johnnyoso

johnnyoso Forum Member

Me too,

Sometimes when i scroll through effects for the fist time and sometimes when i activate the fx...

10. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

ive actually found a major problem when im scrolling threw my effects the tempo fader on decks A and B is jumping up and down threw the pitch at a very fast pace and i think that this is whats causing the problem, this only happens the tempo faders of the decks that are using timecoded vinyl/cds can any one else look into this and see if theres is the same
    ---
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjxHOl7QzvM"]YouTube - Traktor scratch pro 2 effects problem[/ame]

this is a short video showing my problem

11. djjasoncarroll

djjasoncarroll NI Product Owner

Yep getting the same with my vci if you scroll real fast it stutters ever so slight

12. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

do you think there will be a fix for this soon its really annoying

13. Synaptic

Synaptic Forum Member

This is making T2 unusable for me. Is there any workaround?

14. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

15. Zac Kyoti

Zac Kyoti NI Product Owner

It's happening to me occasionally too.

16. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

can it be that when you change the fx so fast, the cpu is spiking (red led) and therefore the pitch is affected? only a wild guess, please check this.

17. timbatec

timbatec Forum Member

same problem here, actually this is my last problem cause I fixed almost everything . . . dell xps m1530 with. Win7 Ultimate x64

18. wezzelby

After the update it's still there. I tryed TSP 1 again and there i don't have it? So i think there is something in TSP2 that makes this happening

19. johnnyoso

johnnyoso Forum Member

same issue here, selecting effects gives audio glitches!

20. PK44

PK44 New Member

+1

Audio cuts out momentarily, which is momentarily too long to cut out :S