Smart support for multi-out plugins

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by basehead617, Mar 3, 2020.

1. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

I’m not sure I saw this below but right now I don’t believe Maschine supports anything but mono/stereo outs from an instrument plugin.

For something like elektron’s overbridge or omnisphere that are meant to work as a multi out multi timbral plugin you don’t really use it as expected.

Not sure if the best way to do this but in Logic sort of hidden sub-outs (until you hit +), maybe it could expand them into adjacent Sounds/pads?

Perhaps there is something like this already that i’ve never come across but it’s a big limitation right now if not.

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Hi. What are you asking for exactly?
    For the Outputs of multitimbral instruments to be automatically routed to the other Pads below it?

3. basehead617

I was just throwing out an idea and saying what Logic does, it would be nice if it was more configurable than that even (like VI outputs become choosable inputs in any sound).

But as it is right now, anything besides a single output from a VI is unsupported in Maschine despite multiple outputs being a major feature of several VIs for a long time (including Kontakt and Reaktor)

4. D-One

Logic is DAW so it has audio tracks, thus "+" thing exists and sort of creates a track automatically and assigns the IO, it's the same on Cubase for example, however, Maschine doesn't have Audio tracks in the traditional sense, it has Pads/Sounds which are very similar but not the same.
    Other DAW's like Ableton dont have the "+" thing and inputs have to be done manually (like in Maschine)

That's incorrect, it is supported.

We can indeed select a bunch of Pads to accept audio input from the outputs of Kontakt, I assume the same is possible with all others Virtual Instruments that have multi outs.... Is it not? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're asking for...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. basehead617

THANK YOU for the screenshot, because it made me go back and look at what I tested.

I only looked at the first sound, which DOESN'T let you select an input, and never tried the other pads because I didn't think it would be a different case.

This is totally fine and you can imagine why I was so annoyed thinking you couldn't do this :D

6. D-One

hehe, no problem basehead! :)