1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 :: Anyone update yet?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Lance Blaise, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance Blaise

Lance Blaise Forum Member

Curious if anyone has updated yet... Problems? I searched 10.6.2 and nothing came up, sorry if this has been discussed.

2. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

No prob here.

3. trat

trat Forum Member

No problems here either...

4. BDX

BDX Moderator

I'm now running two Macs with 10.6.2 and got no problems.

5. goonzy

goonzy Modérateur

Same here. Zero issue case :)

6. sajby

sajby NI Product Owner

Works :D

7. Lance Blaise

Lance Blaise Forum Member

ok... guess i am gonna do it then! Thanks guys!

8. vetobus

vetobus New Member

No Probs here!

9. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

No probs here.

10. nohiphop

nohiphop NI Product Owner

seems to be ok :)

11. Dj Justan

Dj Justan NI Product Owner

ok for me:D
    justan

12. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Totally broke my Traktor executable and I lost my collection.nml and all settings pertinent to my Trigger Finger and Korg Zero4. I'm going Serato this weekend as a result.

Just kidding, works just fine for me on 64-bit SL.

13. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Forum Member

Telly > Can I ask why you run your MBP SL in 64-bit mode?

14. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Just experimenting with it. I don't use it with the Audio8, and I have a backup Macbook that's not yet SL'd so I thought I'd give this a go, for sh1ts and g1ggles (or poops and snickers, if you so desire):

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92896

I do use the MBP with 64-bit on it as my primary machine....and it hasn't given me any problems. EVER.

15. techno_dave

techno_dave Forum Member

Yeah, fine here too. Updated yesterday then worked on Traktor for several hours after.

16. scoobycarolan

scoobycarolan NI Product Owner

I have been running in 64bit fine. SL abstracts the audio drivers from the kernel. The kernel doesn't care what the drivers are (32 or 64).

Not to say I don't want 64bit drivers to help drive the latency down!

17. Pixel 6

Pixel 6 Forum Member

So I just got my first Mac.

Macbook Pro 17"
    2.8 T9600 Processor
    128GB SSD
    4GB DDR3

And of course before I even powered on the thing... Changed my keys to the Dvorak Layout. =]

So, being a new Mac user, I'm still learning how to navigate around the thing, and was wondering on TSP how I can get the actual waveform display and whatnot bigger in Scratch.

I changed the settings for the box spaces of my tracks, as well as the font size... but the 1920 x 1200 native resolution is causing the upper half of Scratch to be pretty small. (meaning the graphical stuff is only about 1/3 of my available screen size.

Any way for me to change this?

Lastly... Downloaded the newest Scratch on the 10.6.2. Installed without problems, and imported my music from the Alienware without problems. Hooked up my Audio 8, and it seemed to work fine. Will be using the Mac it looks like this weekend at a new club I did the sound install on. Should be fun!

- Pixel -

18. Karlos Santos

Im afraid you cant change the size of the wavelength only the zoom by pressing the + or - sign at the side .

I have a brand new Mac with 10.6.2 and even though i cant say that 10.6.2 is Officially Supported by NI yet you should have zero issues.

Ive just done 8 gigs of up to 7 hours in a set with no problem. Thats with both Timecode or Controller setups.

Out of interest why change to the the Dvorak keyboard. Is that something you are used to using. I dont see it being too helpful if your just searching for songs in Traktor only if your using the Mac for other work.

Come to think of it i do a fair bit of Proof Editing. Maybe ill give the Dvorak a go.

Karlos

19. Pixel 6

Pixel 6 Forum Member

Cool thanks for the word. Might experiment with changing resolution sizes or something of that nature. I can live with it... but man the makes all programs texts, layouts, and fonts seem tiny!

Dvorak...
    I typed in Qwerty for about 20 years, Well over 100 wpm, but the faster I tried to type the more errors I would make, not because of not knowing where the letters were, but from mis-clicked keys. That and my hands would ache after typing alot.

So I did some research a few years back and found Dvorak. Switched my computer that day, and haven't looked back. I was pretty stoked to find that the keys were able to be moved without too much trouble on the Mac..

The best way to describe typing in Dvorak... know how the new Mac touch pad feels compared to other ones? That's the difference between Qwerty and Dvorak. Typing in Dvorak feels like silk. Qwerty feels like fighting a 10 finger ninja... every once in a while you pull off a 76 move combo... and have to yell C C C C C C Cooooommmmboooo Breaker! And then go put your fingers in ice for a bit...

- Pixel -

20. Karlos Santos

LOL. How can i resist trying Dvorak after that fantastic description.

Karlos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.