1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

So how often to things go on sale?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by r10k, Oct 1, 2020.

1. r10k

r10k NI Product Owner

I think I just missed a sale, but I'm looking at Komplete at some point in the future. However, at a more affordable price :) Since 13 just dropped, I assume I'll be waiting a good long while...?

Also, how does one get alerted about such things? Thanks.

2. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Welcome to the forums..

Sale periods are anyone's guess but there's always the Holiday seasons in which pretty much every "media company" (?) treats their (potential) customers with major discounts. Of course... there are no guarantees that those discounts will include the stuff you're after. Last year we got 50% discount on Komplete upgrades and Raum was introduced & given away for free.

As to the alerts: I assume their social media stuff (I don't use social media nonsense myself, so I'm guessing) and you can always check this forum. During special events they always seem to plaster a big warning on top of the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. r10k

r10k NI Product Owner

Thanks ShelLuser... I appreciate the info! Have you ever seen a straight discount on the full Komplete?

4. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

No, but do keep in mind that I hopped onto the Komplete bandwagon only last year.

However...
    there was a catch to last years discount period ya know.... Like I said: we got 50% on upgrade prices. For all Komplete versions. So imagine what would happen when you purchased Komplete Select for full price (E 199,-) and then upgraded to Komplete (or beyond) with the 50% discount? You'd end up with Komplete and would have paid a lot less than usual.

Now, I'm definitely biased here but I thought it was a nice gesture either way. I even met up with someone (on this forum) who used this method and went Ultimate, which saved him even more (or so I think, been a while).

5. r10k

r10k NI Product Owner

Interesting, thanks! I'll keep my eyes open for such... options ;)

6. Aaron Shipley

Aaron Shipley New Member

Don't expect the brand new Komplete 13 to go on sale this holiday/Black Friday shopping season. It's just too soon. I remember waiting for Komplete 12 to go on sale shortly after release during it's first Black Friday period and it never happened. I did online research and asked around, people said it never happens and wont get a discount until the following years Summer sale (mid June). Which ended up being exactly true, and that's when i got into the whole NI Komplete ecosystem.

So now I'm looking at the Komplete 13 Ultimate upgrade cost as $399 and the Ultimate Collector's Edition at $599. Next Summer those upgrades will probably be $199 and $299. I'm waiting. :(

Especially since I have already bought half of the newer instruments ala-carte over the past few years, so the value of the 13 is reduced for me.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  7. r10k

r10k NI Product Owner

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too. I managed to find a boxed copy of Komplete 12 with a free upgrade to 13 for about 35% off. I’m happy with that

8. Dansmescordesfr

Dansmescordesfr NI Product Owner

Do you expect any sale for Amazon Prime day? I know it's being followed on Walmart, Best Buy, etc.