So I just bought the upgrade to Komplete 13 Ultimate.... The day before the sale ‍

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jesseg100588, Jun 3, 2021.

1. jesseg100588

jesseg100588 New Member

Why is my life so hard?

So yeah, I recently bought a Maschine MK3 and Komplete 13. I'm new to production, been learning for about a year. I've been loving my MK3 and finally worked up the courage to upgrade to Komplete 13 Ultimate because I didn't realize Native Instruments had sales this time of year. So I paid $600 instead of $300. The day before the sale.

My box just arrived today, I want to open it so bad, but I'm afraid I might have to return it. I messaged Native Instruments to see if it's possible to do a price match but haven't gotten a response. Anybody ever had a similar experience with Native Instruments? You think they'd do a price match or would I have to return this box and make the purchase again?

2. Eric Rabb

Eric Rabb New Member

Yea I sure did, my situation was similar to yours. Believe it or not it was a simple resolve! I contacted NI though the service portal, explained my situation and 48 hrs later the service department reached out to me via email and my issue was resolved. Native has stepped up their game when it comes to small issues like this. I’m sure they can fix your issue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jesseg100588

jesseg100588 New Member

Well that's good news. I might just have to cop Collectors edition if we're able to resolve this issue.

4. jesseg100588

jesseg100588 New Member

Day 4 since I've opened a ticket with Native Instruments(opened another yesterday). Still no reply. Not only that, but Komplete 13 Ultimate doesnt even show up under my products anymore. I ended up just opening the box and using it since I'd figured I'd just get a price match. But I re-entered my voucher and it says that the code was locked out by tech support. I'm still able to use the software already installed but I find that odd.

5. Eric Rabb

Eric Rabb New Member

Jus give them some time, I know your probably ina rush, but they can fix it, I probably would’ve not opened my box just in case they wanted a physical return, but it’s all virtual now and they can swap/create/delete serials and permissions at will.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eric Rabb

Eric Rabb New Member

I actually lost my Komplete 9 dvd set, so I never registered it for use. I sent them a picture of all the serials of the box that I found in my storage unit and they put the needed serials into my Native account. (The serial numbers on the box translates to usable serials needed for software installation.)
    So you see where I’m going with this?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Eric Rabb

Eric Rabb New Member

I now have both 12 and 13 Collector's Editions. But I had to upgrade hard drive space. I highly recommend m.2 Nvme drives, at least 1tb. I have regular 500 gb C: drive, with jus regular computer stuff including NI software, but all the samples (Collectors 12 and 13) are on D: and E: drives and I still like have 60 or so expansions that I haven’t loaded as of yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jesseg100588

jesseg100588 New Member

I was able to contact customer support through the chat feature, and we got it worked out. Awesome, definitely considering upgrading to Collectors edition.

And yeah, when I bought the MK3 and Komplete 13 I ran out of space on my Samsung 1TB NVME, I ended up buying a second Samsung 2TB NVME for the second slot, and moved all my music software and plugins to that drive.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Eric Rabb

Eric Rabb New Member

There ya go!

10. Tony Stubbings

Tony Stubbings New Member

Gah! Im in the same boat, having bought Kontact 13 a week before the sale.

I had no idea NI did yearly sales, seems I was the last to find out!!

Have reached out to support to see if they will help, as I'm now really tempted by the Ultimate upgrade but am still feeling gutted about not knowing about the sale!

fingers crossed.....

11. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

If you bought it a week before, we'll work something out I'm sure ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

I feel ya... :confused:

I've been there myself as well. Not during this sale, and not even with NI but with another DAW, happened two or so years ago. They had a lot of optional instruments and effects and well, because their stuff was usually pretty high quality I decided to buy the whole lot together with a product upgrade, prices for these individual devices ranged from E 75 to E 125 per device (instrument or effect) and I bought quite a few. Then, 2 - 3 weeks later, they introduced the "Suite edition" which, you guessed it, included all the instruments I had previously bought but this time at a reduced price :rolleyes:

Stuff like that is bound to happen sometimes...