Solved Some dll files gone after Native acces update!?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Dado Simic, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Dado Simic

Dado Simic New Member

Today after downloading last updates for Kontakt 5 and Battery 4 dll files are gone.
    I checked standalone versions are there and work perfectly, only dll files are missing.

I assume this is bug in Native Acces update system, There is no option to redownload those updates again, and I want to avoid reisntalling just cause of dll file.

Can anyone be so kind to upload those dll`s (only x64) and send links on this page to me, or in my private message. Please.
    Thanks in advance.

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

The cause of this is missing VST folders in registry (for whatever reason).

Open regedit, and go to this key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Battery 4\

Make sure that "InstallVST64Dir" string exists, and that is set to the path where your VST plugins are.

While there, also check if the same string exists for other NI products you might have installed, like FM8, Kontakt, Absynth, Reaktor, etc., and add them as necessary.

Then, go here, download the previous version update, install it. After this, NA should allow you to download the latest update again, I think.

If you set the path correctly, the old (4.1.5) installer should pick it right up and show as correct and continue to install to it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dado Simic

Dado Simic New Member

Hi EvilDragon, i checked and InstallVST64Dir do not exist only for Battery 4 and Kontakt 5, the very same dll`s that are missing.
    The problem is that those older installers won`t start, saying (I`m paraphrasing) newer version will load perfectly and there is no need and you can update it only by latest version.

Since standallone versions works fine, can you please just please upload those dll files? It would surely solve the problem for me, and I hope NI would try to fix those bug problem with Native Access.

Kontakt is latest 5.6.8 and Battery 4.1.6 version (x64 of course). It should save me a lot of stress. Come on guys, anybody, please help anybody.

I messed updates with Kontakt player version, that why it didn`t allow me to downgrade. It worked now. Curently installing Native Access again to latest versions and I`ll see if it gonna fix the problem.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it worked. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  4. EvilDragon

This is forbidden by the EULA, by the way.

Glad you got it working. If you go to the registry now after it's working, do you see those VST paths there (or did you add them yourself in the end)?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dado Simic

Dado Simic New Member

I can`t imagine why it is forbidden since I bought software, and it doesn`t work after update. I failed to see any reasonable argument for doing such a thing. But I know many laws today are not too clever and going more to the detriment of users more then it actually keep those who want to use cracked and save themselves time.

Yes, it all working know. I didn`t add vst path myself, but downgrading software added it automatically, after that Native Access worked fine.

6. EvilDragon

Read the EULA.

7. Dado Simic

Dado Simic New Member

Its not problem that I do not believe you, there is no need for reading that thing. :) But I stating that law by itself its lets say is not friendly to the one who bought the piece of software.

Well no need to talk about that more.