some suggestions for battery.

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by MoHoK, May 7, 2021.

1. MoHoK

MoHoK NI Product Owner

well some things i would like to suggest for battery... i really love using it.. but there are things that would take it to another level...

1) more outputs...
    well they're really limited... up to 28 as far i remember... while for that number you sacrifice the stereo ones to gain more in mono... while we are able to have up to 96 drum parts loaded inside of it... outputing the buses aren't working guys.... forget it... when things come to apply effets (transient shapers, specific compressors that add color, or anything else) isn't really working when things going in groups... best way i deal with it is combining multi instances of battery with splitter tool in Studio one, and setting outputs to each one for every row while muting other rows...and i have saved it as a preset in S1... i gain more outputs like this, most importantly is that i am able to handle all the oneshots in ONE track... but this goes against resources (RAM CPU) as i have to run at once 2 up to 8 (theoritically) instances of battery... having the outputs route already inside in one battery instances would be more than awesome...

2) being able to save Outputs Routing... is the second thing i would love to see at some point... every time a kit is loaded... they reset... this is really time consuming having to deal with all this stuff, i mean no matter if you're a producer, artist or whatever... nobody wants to be in trouble with these things all the time... specially when experimenting and trying different kits all the time...

• Like Like x 1