1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Something for NI to consider...

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Spyral, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Ok. From what I have been told, I am not able to sell my FS2 after buying the Crossgrade offer. Why is this? I understand that at the point of activation, NI would like proof that I am an owner of FS2...however, it seems pretty redundant to hold onto Software and Hardware that I will never use again. I feel that after the first activation of Traktor Scratch, we should have the ability to rid ourselves of FS2 and not have to retain the registration. Is this something that can be brought up to the NI team? I really feel that it would be for better interest on both ends, consumer and company. You would have more people willing to do the crossgrade and whatnot, if they were able to sell their FS2 after activating TS.

2. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

See, this is where your point of sale frilled up - they weren't supposed to sell it to you before May 1.

I doubt NI will make a change for the (few?) people who were able to get TS before the official sale date (which coincides with the cross-grade date).

EDIT: Yes, of *course* you can sell FS2 after you bought and activated the cross-grade. Who told that you can't?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  3. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Well, it's not necessarily my fault that my sales rep sold it early. I thought maybe NI was ahead of schedule. I'm not really asking them to change it for 1 or 2 people, I'm asking them to change it for the likes of everyone.

4. AudioRapture

You may have missed my edit on the previous post - of course you are able to sell FS2 *after* you bought and registered TS. Who told you otherwise?

5. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Should I ever have to reinstall and reactivate though, the crossgrade requires you to have a registration for FS2.

6. AudioRapture

*That* I didn't know - that's pretty weak. :-(

7. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Yea...hence the reason I made this thread, in hopes that maybe this can be changed.

8. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Its inequitable for FS users and this we need to get clarified.....
    Question Asked....

=================
    Here is the scenario….

1/ An existing registered FS2 user buys the Scratch Crossgrade.
    A/ Can the user sell their FS2 hardware following completion of the purchase and Scratch Activation?
    B/ What happens if the user needs to completely reinstall scratch and re-activate the product after they have sold their FS2?
    C/ Will FS2 crossgrade users need to retain a prior FS2 registration to complete future activations?
    D/ Users buying an FS2 system that has already been used for a cross-grade will not be eligible to use the FS2 system to perform an additional crossgrade; i.e. one FS2 system one crossgrade in its life regardless of the owner.
    Is this statement correct?
    ====================
    Phil

9. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

PhiL, you hit it on the button. It is unjust/unfair to us that we cannot sell our FS2 after buying and activating the Traktor Scratch Crossgrade without nullifying our Traktor Scratch in future activations.

10. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

The part about only one Crossgrade activation per FS2 would make this work. So NI wouldn't have to worry about losing money in a sense. Especially considering the crossgrade is only for a month. Show a little loooooove. :D

11. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

My Prior info info indicated otherwise but lets get official answers before getting all krinkly about it...

12. *FSuser*

*FSuser* Forum Member

Yeah I would love to know what is going on as I am looking to list my FS2 on ebay ASAP and want to know what the deal is on this. I would hope that we are actually able to really sell the FS2 system free and clear considering the fact the moderators have been advocating this as a viable option to make the cross-grade cheaper. Why would anyone purchase my FS2 if it is basically a glorified soundcard with no software or software support. There is no reason why we should have to prove to NI we had an FS2 setup each time we install the TS software. I dont even see why I should have to prove that I am registered FS2 user considering NI has it in their database. This is just getting worse and worse by the minute... Spyral almost had me talked into making the change over. I just hope NI does the right thing for him and all the other FS2 user's as well. I certianly haven't seen much love from the NI guys thus far.

13. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Can we get a response on this a.s.a.p.? Not only for rapedFSuser but for myself?

14. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

do you have traktor 3 ? if so it is covered in the crossgrade also
    shane

15. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

You sure about that huck? I was under the impression it's only for Serato Scratch Live and FinalScratch2 owners.

16. grikschatj

grikschatj NI Product Owner

From the NI site:

TRAKTOR SCRATCH Crossgrade Offer

The crossgrade offer period will run from May 1st to May 31st

For users of:
    Stanton™ FinalScratch (if registered with Native Instruments)
    Rane™ Serato Scratch Live
    TRAKTOR 2 and 3 (must be registered)

17. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

the question is asked on the internal traktor support list.

i have no other information that you obviously are allowed to sell your FS after the purchase of TS...

i would assume right now a organisational problem, not a *real* issue. and it can be linked to your early purchase.

@FS user: you bought your scratchamp with the finalscratch2 software and you can sell it with that. so, there is a software.

18. Spyral

Spyral NI Product Owner

Ok, so since I have T3 AND FS2, I can sell FS2 outright without retaining the registration, and keep T3 and still have the ability to activate Traktor Scratch. Is that info right?

19. grikschatj

grikschatj NI Product Owner

That's my assumption, but I would also like some official word from the fine folks at NI. For what it's worth, I don't have my FS2 activated, though I did at one point, just T3 at the time I activated TS.

20. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.