1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

songs dropping mid-playback

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by rtanph, Apr 9, 2014.

1. rtanph

rtanph New Member

hi, is anyone encountering a problem where a song just stops even if it's still being played back? it's happened to me a couple of times (on my ipad 2) and have been hesitant to use it as a serious replacement to the full rig setup (Traktor Pro 2 + S2 MK2). any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

2. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

The iPad 2 is slightly underpowered for TDJ under iOS 7.

It works fine under iOS 6 but struggles sometimes with 7, especially if you're using FX on both decks with key lock on and making lots of adjustments to the pitch.

Actually the iPad 2 did struggle with all those things at once on iOS 6, you just have to be extra sensitive with 7.

I have the iPad mini which is effectively a smaller iPad 2, and I use mine with iOS 7 and an S2.

Seems the only proper way around this issue is to upgrade your iPad.

Failing that, you can either find a way to get iOS 6, or maybe it would help free some memory by quitting all background apps in iOS, but this probably doesn't affect processor load, which is ultimately what is causing your audio drop outs.

3. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Get an iPad Air 128Gb. You won't have any regrets.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. ibob

ibob Active Member

I had to buy a new iPad... But is this really the answer ??

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Xander1

Xander1 New Member

I have an iPad air and still get this issue with the traktor DJ app even after I updated it today. It happens about 30 minutes into the mix. Not timed it, just a rough guess. Is their anyway to fix it? Only reason I bought a s4 & ipad was for this reason but it doesn't even work haha!

6. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Dislike? Really? I paid for my iPad with two gigs. Either you value your professional equipment or you don't.