Sound distortion in Maschine software

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by sane2, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sane2

sane2 New Member

I have recently purchased Maschine and am running it through 64 bit Vista on a brand new Asus laptop.

After installation I was playing around with a few of the sounds, and noticed that all of the bass sounds played through the Maschine software are heavily distorted. I located the actual .wav files and they all seem to be playing normally. I could only think that there was some form of FX running through Maschine, but having only just installed it and running through an empty template with FX1 and FX2 blank i've run out of ideas.

When I export the song I have made, the .wav file it produces sounds normal with no distortion on any of the sounds.

I have since installed the Maschine software on a desktop computer and the result is the same.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome =)

CPU load and/or too small of a buffer size with your audio drivers would be my first guess. Set your power scheme in Windows to always on (XP)/max performance (Vista) and bump up your driver buffers to the next size up. What happens now?

ew

3. LILMILK22

LILMILK22 New Member

Same problem. They suggested downloading asio for all driver. works great. asio4all.com

4. sane2

sane2 New Member

Thankyou both for your quick responses.

I have just downloaded the asio4all driver and it works perfectly!

Sounds amazing now!

Looking forward to making some music

Sane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.