1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Solved Soundcard for Maschine Studio

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by adic27, Mar 15, 2018.

1. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

I moved to a new state a while back and hadn't been making music because of leaving my computer, Maschine etc. and just had someone mail it to me but they forgot a few things including my sound card witch was a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24.

Can someone recommend a cheap sound device to allow me to sample from wherever on my computer to the Maschine? I remember there was software used called sunflower or something like that but I wasn't fund of it

Thanks

I
    EDIT: I have a Z2 that was sent to me (didn't need it) but cant I use that since it has its own sound card built in?

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

I would say this card is the best for a few bugs:http://www.esi-audio.com/products/maya44ex/
    It also has a routing app called direct wire and with it you can route windows audio to asio audio - so you can sample everything from browser into maschine.

Uwe

3. sam_saw

sam_saw NI Product Owner

Just use the Z2 mate easy

4. D-One

D-One Well-Known Member

Sunflower still works and it's free, if all you need is Audio loop-back just install it and done with it, being able to have loopback with any interface is one of the advantages of using OSX.

Then there is Piezo, it can sample ANY app directly, it's free to use as long as you don't need to sample anything longer than 10min... (not likely).

For super overkill features, there's Loopback, it can direct an applications audio directly to another, like connecting Safari to Maschine for example, or multiple apps to Maschine, it's a bit expensive though... 100$
    https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/

All these apps are made with soundflower's original code ;)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  5. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Goin this route, Thanks all!

6. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Can anyone help me with routing audio that's coming from my computer through the Z2 to the maschine studio? I don't need to have the turntables hooked up do I? All I have is the power cord and a USB cord going from the Z2 to my computer

7. Kaldosh

Kaldosh Well-Known Member

The routing is made from the controller in Maschine press sampling and select internal or external depending what you want to sample,

What do you want to record by the way?

8. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

I want to record any sound coming from my PC. Mainly my Internet browser

9. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

You need an audio interface with loop back

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  10. Uwe303

Uwe303 Well-Known Member

You can do it like this

11. Kaldosh

In this case D-One is right, soundflower is what you need..it will use your core audio driver if on mac or probably asió on PC

12. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Is soundflower for windows too? A long time ago I think I remember it only being for MAC..?

13. Kaldosh

Virtual Audio Cable seem to do the trick for Windows

14. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

This can actually be done with just the Z2. Figured it out messing around with the settings. Thanks anyway to all who tried to help

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kaldosh

yep, as sound as you can reloop your output to input it can be done..; a bit more risky though. I use my spdif output routed into spdif input and borwser sounds are routed to spdif...it works ok..;possibilities are numerous

16. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Are you saying you do it without the Z2 or third-party software?

17. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

So how did you do it , from looking at the mixer , I imagine you routed your computer output one side and maschine output to the other side , and then routed the side with the computer to an input in maschine?

18. adic27

adic27 NI Product Owner

Sorry, I'm. way late lol. Didn't realize the response. My DAW (FL) saw the z2 as a sound card. Can't remember exactly how I set it up but definitely only had the z2 and Maschine connected to my computer through USB. I later purchased a Komplete Audio 2 but since it doesn't have loopback and I'm tired of forgetting how to set it up whenever I want to sample my browser I'm getting something just as compact with loopback

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kaldosh

I use Sonarworks reference, since a while now, and it includes a loopback feature using there driver as input to sample browser stuff.

Just throwing that there if it can inform anyone

• Like Like x 1
  20. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Cool , a mc 101 has loopback and also a nice synth/sequencer