Soundcard (not Audio8) problems

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by dbsoundz, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbsoundz

dbsoundz NI Product Owner

Hello....

I just installed TP and can't get it working with my internal soundcard. It always was no problem. But now I can't even use TS or T3!

Problem is: I can choose my internal soundcard. BUT I only can select 48000hz. And that's not correct. Othe Audio Software works w/o problems. In my Sound settings of the OS, I can see my Soundcard, also the setting 24bit 44100hz... But why am I not able to check this in TP. TS and T3 also are not anymore working :(

See attached two screenshots showing that.

Attached Files:

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

When you say TS/T3 are not working anymore, are you seeing the same problem there as well?

Check to see if there is a newer driver for your onboard soundcard, firstly.

3. dbsoundz

Got the problem at all versions! And currently I saw that T3 is not starting.... It hangs while loading.

Ah whats that? MY Service Center disappeared... I was able to install TP and license it via Service Center, and now it's gone... the service center program folder is nearly empty :eek: BUt i think I have the latest driver installed...
    ---
    There was a new driver out there... I installed it. But the same problem as before... I can only select 48000hz in Traktor. In T3 is preselected 44100hz, as it should be there it works. If I open the drop down box then, it only shows 48000 to select.

T3 starts again.

:(

4. djquartz

When you say you can't get it working with your onboard soundcard are you having performance issues or there is no sound?

5. dbsoundz

There are performance issues and there's like scrambled sound and it has the wrong speed.... sounds really funny :) but it isn't :(

6. djquartz

Increase the latency, it's at 9ms in your screenshot. Start at 25ms and go down from there.

7. dbsoundz

one more thing: when I don't touch the audio settings in T3, it works, because there is configured 44100hz. but after I open the drop down box there's only 48000hz chooseable and if I set that it doesn't work too... :( :( :(
    ---
    Latency is not editable...

8. djquartz

It should be, I can adjust latency on mine. Definitely file a support ticket on that.

9. dbsoundz

Just to clarify... I am talking about my internal soundcard, not Audio 8... For my internal soundcard I'm not able to adjust the latency...

I have not yet tested it with my Audio 8 because I am on the road.

hmmmmmmmmmm

10. dbsoundz

pleeeease help :( can't get it working with my internal soundcard :(

why can't I choose 44100hz in the traktor option (in all traktor versions)?

11. dbsoundz

Give it a last try... probably someone has an idea. but then I think I'll call support....

12. Ticalektro

Ticalektro New Member

Let us know if you get it fixed because I have the same problem! And also if you can get it running on the audio 8 cuz I'm thinking of getting scratch pro but if I can't run it properly I won't (duh :))
    ---
    the only difference is that I can use T3 & I have 44100hz and it doesn't work either.. I can only change it to 192000hz

13. dbsoundz

Hello...

I opened a ticket @ NI but haven't got any news about it. I'll let you know on any updates!

With Audio 8 it runs normally.

14. Ticalektro

Ticalektro New Member

thanks!

15. dbsoundz

PS: good to know that obviously I am not the only one having this problem...

16. Ticalektro

Ticalektro New Member

and me?

17. johnnyoso

johnnyoso Forum Member

yep i have the same sound card and also the same problems

high pitched sounds and pitched up tempo with all deck controls set to normal values.

also i cannot change the latency (44khz, 10 ms and i cant change these settings)

when i try to record the pitched up sound then my recording is good!

18. tecxx

tecxx NI Product Owner

to the thread opener: i have the same problems on both my notebook and my workstation. with the audio8 everything runs fine. with the internal soundcard either traktor crashes completely, or it does what you described - totally distorted signal.

already sent a bugreport on saturday but no answer so far.

19. dbsoundz

Thanks for your comment... I have no response from NI, too...

20. DearTinTin

DearTinTin Forum Member

Hi All,

I've got a similar problem. Have an Creative X-Fi Platinum card and can choose either 44.1Khz or 96Khz sampling rate. at 44.1 the track plays about 100x too fast, at 96 about 100x too slowly. Sounds very funny. I do have another option to choose, which is Creative Asio. There the track plays correctly, but I have only one option in the output settings (speaker out, no SPDIF, no monitor channel), which is useless to me.

I opened a ticket, no response so far.

EDIT: Oh, and the latency is very low if I pick Internal Soundcard, at 9.5ms and it is NOT adjustable as for the other guys on this thread. If I pick Creative Asio then I can adjust it. Btw I run Vista x64, which was the reason I was unable to use Traktor 3 for the past 2 years. Was hoping this would finally work now... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.