1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

sounds.com Recommendation

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by BLOCK WAS HERE, Sep 15, 2019.

1. BLOCK WAS HERE

BLOCK WAS HERE New Member

That recommendation update is pretty cool, good to see NI making progress on so many different things right now.

Im pretty new to all the NI stuff, bought the MK3 and A49 keyboard back in Jan of this year. I was pretty satisfied with everything until I read this forum, it was so much stuff I need that I didn't realize I did until I read all the stuff in the forums and else where.

I really like the maschine software as a grove box, I've yet to purchase a real daw or use the abeleton lit download, just because I want to see if NI comes with something soon. I like to have everything intergrated or easy to use / learn since i'm new with all of this stuff for the most part.

Would I be better off just getting started with a Daw or is NI coming with something that will be a full daw? If that's even a valid question lol!

anyway... love all the stuff NI offers, looking forward to the future and learning more here!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2019
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Hi, welcome to the forum.
    Any question is valid, IMO If you need a DAW then get a DAW.
    NI has expressed more than once that they dont wish to compete in the already overcrowded DAW market but even if they change their minds in the future waiting for something that is unlikely to happen doesn't make sense for me, but.. it's up to you.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  3. BLOCK WAS HERE

Any recommendations on a daw? I was thinking abeleton, but I don’t really have a reason why, just figured it’d be best since the lite version comes with everything you buy from NI lol

4. BLOCK WAS HERE

And also I thought that ONE NATIVE thing that was rumored to be coming was going to be a full daw... maybe I’ve read things wrong tho.

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Very subjective topic, I use Ableton but find both FL Studio and Studio One very interesting, try the Lite version and see how it goes since it's free.

Nop, no mention of anything related to a DAW at least from the official statements, that won't stop folks from interpreting those as "NI is making a DAW" tho... so depends where you're reading your info and who you're listening too (in case you pay attention to YouTubers and whatnot).

6. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

as soon as you wish to really finish a project and have complex mixing, you probably will need a DAW, because maschine is just inefficient in using a lot of plugings, which you probably will need to mix a song "with precision". it can be done somehow insinde maschine, but its not really convenient.

if you haven't touched any DAW until now and don't want to spend mones, also have a look for the now free cakewalk by bandlab. its a fully fledged DAW, free and fullfills all needs you probably ever will have...it was called SONAR before and was a "paid for app"...

but me personally i have lots of DAW software but use maschine in standalone allmost exclusively to just be creative/lay ideas down (and this is where maschine really shines for me)....

have fun and welcome onboard.

7. BLOCK WAS HERE

Got it, thanks for the help bro!

8. BLOCK WAS HERE

This makes sense, because I like making the main production inside maschine but like you said I am looking at trying to start getting the more professional mix finish now and maybe some vocals sometimes. I’ve used BandLab on my phone before but never heard about cake walk. I’ve used FL years ago, but I have never truly learned any full daw. I’ll give it a try before I buy anything. Thanks for info man!

9. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

as you seem to be an FL Studio owner, you should check the newest version out if you are allready (a bit) familiar with it. it progressed a lot in the last few years and can now also serve as a "traditional linear DAW" (you can lock playlist-"channels" to instruments/audio whatever like the traditional DAW's do, if you like a more traditional kind of approach...

and somewhere on this forum are nice tutorial (thread by uwe303 and a nice description by our "forum-god" D-One i think?)...

have fun (and don't let the DAW's kill your creative flow (they do that to me ;-) )