Spectrum Analyzer

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by Ricky Woofer, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Ricky Woofer

Ricky Woofer Account Suspended

Why is there no spectrum analyzer from NI?

2. jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu NI Product Owner

Because no one asked for one or that there are others that do it better? Take a look at Blue Cat Audio with their Freq Analyzer series - that may have something you'll like and it's relatively inexpensive as well. Also for a bit more money there's iZotope Rx. Quite frankly third party is often better - heck NI almost never does their own programming - Softube does most of it.

3. Ricky Woofer

Thanks.
    I got spectrum analyzers, i just found it odd that they sell "Komplete" while it even doesnt have a spectrum analyzer in it :|

4. jackn2mpu

Never even gave it a thought. If I want or need a specialized tool like a spectrum analyzer I go with those that are done by someone who does that kind of programming as part of their usual work and not someone who buys their stuff from an outside programmer and sells sound libraries and vi's.

5. Ricky Woofer

I never gave it a tought to, but since they released the Premium tube series it came in my head, if they gonna go that road adding a spectrum analyzer would make sense imo.

6. Airyck

Airyck NI Product Owner

7. _thekid_

_thekid_ Forum Member

one would assume most DAW's have them, so it really no need for them to create one.

8. jackn2mpu

Actually most daws do not have built-in spectrum analyzers. Pro Tools doesn't & Sonar doesn't (or at least it didn't) and neither does Acid. That's just three I know of off-hand.

9. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

For those still seaking ... the answer are the free ReaPlugs from Reaper ... check THIS out.

ReaFir and ReaEQ are awesome, free and compatible to nearly every DAW.

10. rudynicoletti

rudynicoletti NI Product Owner

It'd be much appreciated, though!

11. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

But only, if the new product can at a minimum compete with Voxengo and the others ... it should better beat them or it won't sell.

12. rudynicoletti

rudynicoletti NI Product Owner

I'd like it integrated in machine for free, with a next upgrade!

13. Aymara

Aymara NI Product Owner

For free though several good free VSTs already exist? Sorry, but NI isn't plain stupid, so "for free" won't happen, if at all ;)