1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

spinning platters like scratch pro

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by marzd4l, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marzd4l

marzd4l Forum Member

rotating wheel in scope view for s4 like in scratch pro

2. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

You'd need timecode support first for such a request to be implemented. And that is coming, so I'm sure the scope/vinyl view will come with it.

3. marzd4l

marzd4l Forum Member

well, i sort of meant to have this spinning wheel in "midi" or more precisely in S4 mode if you know what i mean...much like itch

4. marzd4l

marzd4l Forum Member

Inernal mode was the word i was looking for

5. stroud

stroud Forum Member

+1 for scope. When scratching with jog wheels, there is no visual marker of the position of the track. With vinyl we would put a marker sticker on the record and Pioneers have the spinning light.

6. Cid K

Cid K NI Product Owner

+ For Scope View without need of Timecode control.

7. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Isn't the waveform display a far better indication of the position of the track? The scope view isn't very big and not nearly as accurate as a record sticker. The playhead and the waveform, however, is far more accurate.

8. Cid K

Cid K NI Product Owner

Meh i just think the spining icon look's nice, i wouldnt be looking at it to sync myh tracks dough.

9. haze324

haze324 Forum Member

Same here!
    :D

10. stroud

stroud Forum Member

I think the wave form is too small to pick out individual sounds for scratching. Perhaps if you could zoom? The issue I have is that with vinyl you can pick out a sound with the label at 12 o clock and know that when you spin it back to the point the sound is there. One thing I had to get used to with the S4 is not having a reference on the platter. An accurate scope would be nice as a visual reference to 'virtual' platter rotation.

11. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

You can zoom the waveform

12. stroud

stroud Forum Member

Just seen that, thanks. I would still prefer a spinning platter indication, probably due to many years of scratching the old fashioned way. Time to get used to those cue points!

13. pjewers

pjewers New Member

sadly us s4 midi only guys didnt get our wish for the platters ...hopefully they reconsider

14. stroud

stroud Forum Member

Yes I noticed that too. I did try to mess with the tsi file to enable them but no luck. Anyone know if this is possible without buying scratch?

15. dannybyrne29

dannybyrne29 NI Product Owner

16. Cid K

Cid K NI Product Owner

I so wish that would work with the S4. :-(

17. Sinjintek

Sinjintek NI Product Owner

+1 i would like to have this for the midi decks on S4 simply to make juggling easier...spinning back waveforms is far too complex on my eyesight when focusing on quick maneuvers. the black needle is a much simpler method that's worked fine for decades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.