1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Spotify Integration in Traktor DJ2

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ 2' started by northumberlandweddingdj, May 29, 2019.

1. northumberlandweddingdj

northumberlandweddingdj New Member

i already have a Spotify premium account for which I pay £10 month why would I want to pay an extra £10 month for soundcloud go + ? With no real advantage as I have alogoriddim djay 2 app on my iPad linked to Spotify premium , I love my Traktor Pro 3 software and my Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 so would like to use DJ2 on my iPad with S2 MK3 and Spotify

• Like Like x 3
  2. sndrsklr

sndrsklr NI Product Owner

All you people who want Spotify integration should ask Spotify and not the developers of the DJ software. It´s a legal issue not a decision by NI/Serato/Denon etc.to boycott Spotify (even though imo every platform should be boycottet where the artists don´t get the biggest chunk of the revenues). Or ask the developers of djay 2 what´s the difference between them and all the other dj softwares.

3. northumberlandweddingdj

northumberlandweddingdj New Member

So do you already use soundcloud go + ? I see denon are looking at beatport I’m a mobile wedding dj and Spotify suits my needs I don’t want to keep subscribing to lots of individual music sources just one I trust , NI are asking what we would like so I’m saying what I would like to see and am also happy with Traktor Pro 3 on my MacBook

• Like Like x 2
  4. gillster11

gillster11 NI Product Owner

Maybe algoriddim that make djay app signed a contract with Spotify years ago and maybe in that contract it says they are not to go to any other dj platform

5. sndrsklr

I don´t use any streaming services at all because I don´t need them but of course I see the point especially for mobile DJ´s. I´m just mentioning this because the request for Spotify integration keeps coming up for all platforms regularly and yet they keep adding other streaming services instead of Spotify or even Apple Music. So there´s only two possible answers in my book: all major software developers boycott Spotify (which I highly doubt since it´s such a highly requested feature) or Spotify just doesn´t approve which I think is the actual reason it´s not being integrated. That´s why it would make a lot more sense to adress those requests to Spotify directly instead of the forums of the developers that have read that request hundreds of times and can´t do anything about it.

Edit: Another option could also be that Spotify is just asking for too much money to have their service integrated and that it wouldn´t make sense financially for the developers to make it happen. It´s all just speculation of course but I wouldn´t be surprised.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sndrsklr

I doubt it, Spotify is all about revenue and grabbing licence fees from the major software developers with hundreds of thousands of users would be a good opportunity to make some cash instead of sticking to a small developer with just a few users (compared to the big names).

7. gillster11

gillster11 NI Product Owner

Spotify being in DJ software is not the problem as it's in Djay Pro I believe they would do it easily it's just there must be a contract there with algoriddim but I'm sure that will change

8. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Different kind of users. TDJ2 could get spotify in some moment in the future since seems aimed at the same target than DjayPro.
    If you are expecting TDJ2 catching where TDJpro3 left the game... take a chair.

9. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Yup I saw the new today... that's the opposite way I expected so something is coming (Tidal or similar) or mobile djs are get wreck from summer...

11. mikaleonen

mikaleonen New Member

oh this is a shame on spotify.. we have been waiting this integration for soooo long and they are acting just the opposite in the age of full digitization 2020 is the year for controllers, all in one systems and streaming.. oh i cant believe how spotify would justify this decision.. huge disappointment..

• Like Like x 1
  12. hcp74

hcp74 New Member

There is also Deezer and it's almost the same as Spotify. There is another Dj program where it's possible to link to beatport, soundcloud, Deezer and some others. Perhaps that's a solution for NI?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  13. mikaleonen

mikaleonen New Member

Yes, either way NI must start this integration from somewhere at least. If this is Deezer, and works smoothly, I may consider moving to Deezer. There is no way escaping or postponing this in the year 2020.

14. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Well with covid it seems this year is all lost for djs...

15. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

As of July 1, 2020 Spotify will no longer be playable through 3rd party DJ apps.
    We wanted to update you on some important changes coming to the future of streaming in djay. Back in 2014, we introduced streaming integration to the djay community, a feature that has had a profound impact on DJing as a whole. Today, streaming has become an integral part of almost every DJ product with new streaming service providers innovating the space for aspiring and professional DJs alike. As far as Spotify in djay is concerned, it’s been a great journey, but soon it will be time to say farewell.

As of July 1, 2020 Spotify will no longer be playable through 3rd party DJ apps. You’ll still be able to use Spotify in djay until the end of June 2020. In the meantime, we’ve introduced new streaming services that will enable you to continue mixing all of the great music you love, plus give you extended access to new content and features. In addition, we’ve prepared steps for you to easily migrate your library to a new supported streaming service. We are committed to make this transition as easy as possible for you and we appreciate your understanding during this process.​

FWIW, no streaming service (including Beatport) is licensed for public performance so at best streaming services only serve as practice / home parties.

16. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1