1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Standalone Komplete app, use?

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by Tombolino, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Tombolino

Tombolino NI Product Owner

In what cases/scenarios do some of you use the Komplete app in your computer? (like not via your DAW).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Wen I create NKS and when I simply want to noodle around and find some sounds for later. Also when my daughter wants to play the piano it's faster to load up than Ableton Live.

3. Tombolino

Thanks.! whats NKS?

4. BezowinZ

BezowinZ NI Product Owner

I go stand alone when I want to do something musical but not in the mood to write. I might look for presets to tweak & save, practice piano (rare), play with a new VI, etc.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  5. SSquared

SSquared NI Product Owner

I'll use the standalone application if I want to quickly get up and running and flip through some sounds. No need to load up a DAW. I go through sounds, mark them as favorites for later use.

6. JesterMgee

That is the file system Komplete and Maschine use to store/recall your plugin presets and controls when you load it from the browser.

7. Tombolino

Will favorited or tweaked sounds Saved As done in stand alone app show up in my VST version inside Ableton?

Any suggested best practices to organize Faves and Save As as they start accumulating?

8. JesterMgee

Yes

9. ouzoman

ouzoman NI Product Owner

Speaking of standalone, I also find that very convenient at times . . . Now for my stupid question:

In KK 2.0 you can add an FX plug-in after a synth plug-in . . . Great new capability.
    Is there a way to save that combination of plug-ins as a preset in KK? I’m not seeing it . . .

10. JesterMgee

That will be possible one day, just not now

11. Simchris

Simchris NI Product Owner

I use standalone to explore stuff i have not used in awhile for noodling without havin DAW loaded up. Useful with Komplete 10 or higher, esp.

12. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

As in the installation instructions, NI requires you to boot up stand-alone, if only briefly, when using it for the first time, or when there's library additions, etc.