Standalone not working at all.

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by mattrixx, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattrixx

mattrixx NI Product Owner

I have just discovered that the Akoustik Piano standalone is not working. It loads, I can set midi and audio options, which are as I usually have them, but not animation or sound.

No problem I say and attempt to load them in either Kontakt 2 / 3. Same problem... silence and what appears to be no midi getting in. (no sound from the keyboard at the bottom of the Kontakt screen either)

Pro53, Reaktor are working fine, but the samplers, Elektrik Piano, Battery, K2 & 3 are silent and don't animate... What tha?

Anyone else had this?

This is on OSX.5.2 with the newer 8 Core MacPro.

Note however, that all products are working fine in Logic... It's just the standalone versions.

2. mattrixx

Bump!

I am using it with an RME FF800.... anyone got any ideas?

3. JLukeW

JLukeW New Member

So it's not detecting Midi in? It's not an audio out problem? If the problem is detecting input, I suspect the issues lies somewhere "before" Akoustik Piano, or might be a limitation of Akoustik Piano to detect whatever your input channel is. Can you compare settings between Pro53 and the standalone Akoustik Piano to see what the differences are? Do the midi settings read the same: Does Akoustik Piano's File->Audio/Midi Settings->Midi tab have your input device set to "on" (click the word 'off'), and does it have the same name Pro53 gives it?

I'm pulling at straws here since I imagine you've tried everything (and I'm no Audio Guru), but hopefully we can get this thing figured out.

4. mattrixx

No, it seems a little more serious than this.

If I enable the internal audio driver on the Mac, it will work. If I assign to any other driver (my main being the Fireface 800), it will neither acknowledge midi, or output any audio.
    Toggling the midi on/off settings for any of the available devices doesn't do anything, so long as I have the Fireface selected as the audio interface.
    This all worked fine up until a couple of months ago, with no explanation.
    The Pro53 is the only thing that works in standalone out of the Komplete 5 bundle. Note, they all work in Logic, so it's not killing me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.