1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Star ratings don't get imported from iTunes.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by kokernutz, Sep 28, 2019.

1. kokernutz

kokernutz NI Product Owner

(This bug existed in 3.2 and prior versions, but I was hoping this new iTunes integration would fix it.)

If you are browsing the iTunes node you can see the star rating on tracks that have not yet been imported. But when you import the track, the rating is not carried over to the Traktor library. Then, if you right click on the iTunes node and select Sync Song Info, the star rating will then appear on the imported track.

I can make a video of this if you'd like.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. radiokrishna

radiokrishna NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. kokernutz

kokernutz NI Product Owner

Interesting. This beta says it supports older version of iTunes, so I feel this bug/issue should still be fixed/resolved.

(FWIW, iOS 13 still has star ratings.)

4. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

Good catch! We'll fix this for the next beta. TPRO 3.3.0 should support older versions of iTunes (including import of the rating).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

We found out that the problem is due to a change in iTunes, that no longer writes the Ratings into the files (which is the source for Traktor's import).
    So this becomes a feature request, to import the Rating nevertheless the changed behaviour in iTunes.
    We will not be able to provide this in the first release, but have it high on our list of improvements.
    The workaround is to use "Sync Song Info" after importing from the iTunes node.

• Like Like x 1
  6. djinet

djinet New Member

Hi Friedemann,

I don't know exactly if what I'm going to ask you has to do with what is posed in this post.

My problem is already exposed here: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/emojis-in-tracks-labels.360959/

Mainly I would like to know why, when I want to edit a track label, for example, comments, and I press the key combination: Windows key and point (Win +.), to enter emojis, these seem to be stored but are not displayed.

You can check the above, after entering some emoji in some track label, for example, '⭐⭐Good Track', then press enter to store. You will notice that they are not displayed, but if you double-click again, select the text, copy and paste, for example, in MS Word, then all the characters, including the emojis, are displayed.

I am waiting for an answer. Thank you.