Starting/Changing Scenes/Patterns while in MACRO-view

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by b-r@nno, Oct 9, 2019.

1. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

Hi all

I started to use Macro-Assignment quite often, so i have the most "interesting" parameters of my projects ready for tweaking in the MACRO-view (or how you call that).

one thing i am missing:

- the possibility to start/change patterns or scenes while in MACRO-view
    - because: i often use these macro-parameters "live-set-style" to transition from one scene to another
    - but i can't change scenes while i am tweaking a synths filter or whatever

would be nice to have more flexibility. right now there's nothing meaningful on the screen/pads assigned while i am in MACRO. usually the pads just trigger the last used sounds...and the upper side of the screens are just black/empty. lots of space to have lots of cool options/menues/functions....

andy ideas? supporters?

• Like Like x 2
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Well... The first thing I thought when I bought Maschine was: It needs some sort of Performance Menu, or a way of locking a knob to a Macro.

I want to use the Macros while switching scenes too so I sort of supporting your Idea, the problem is each person would want Macro Knobs available in different Menus.. for example, I would also want them in Pad Mode. So... My suggestion would be a feature where you lock a Knob to a Macro no matter what Menu the user is in, this way you can pick what knob to sacrifice and use it in all Menus until you turn the feature off.

I really doubt that's ever happening though, thats why I was building this:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-controller-suggestions.354285/

You might be better off buying a tiny controller with some knobs then waiting for this hypothetical feature to actually happen.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

thanks for your answer. ofcourse i can and do use other midi-controllers. it works but would be nice to have such a feature.
    as we can't record any macro automation AFAIK and we can't record external midi-automation it get's the job done for now - no difference in the end

4. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that automation issue with external MIDI is PITA.

Well, it was an example of how this bothers me, it's definitely not a solution for everyone, my typical advice would be to get an Akai LPD8, it's 40 bucks. If something gets in the way of the music-making and stops from being able to do something it can be worth investing time or a couple of bucks, or... you can wait for NI to develop the feature you need... the last option is unlikely to happen though.

You can if you wanted to, you're a smart guy... a potentiometer is like 1$ and an Arduino can be like 10$, so it's pretty cheap, as for programming it there are templates so people can just change the values, I've learned it in 1 day.. so price and time is not really the issue, it's more the annoyance of having to do it. :(

6. Bito

Bito New Member

But why wouldn't NI want to implement such a feature asap? I mean, it can't be that difficult… and it would make the Maschine better.

7. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

because they don't have time to implement everything. but one thing you and your friends can do: support my suggestion by leaving a +1...
    as by the roules, suggestions with enough +1's will get forwarded to NI / get in a sticky so NI can have a look and get inspired.

so please give you +1 :D

thanks

• Like Like x 1