1. Hi everyone,

This forum is now closed for posting! If you require technical support from NI or have a questions about activating your product, please head over to our new Support Community!

NATIVE INSTRUMENT SUPPORT COMMUNITY

The Support Community is the new location where you can expect to receive assistance and feedback on technical support, sales or installation issues from our Support Agents and other users.

Please also note, questions about the status of an order should always be directly sent to our Order Support team HERE.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by altertainment, Jun 15, 2016.

1. altertainment

altertainment New Member

According to these pages
    >> http://www.native-instruments.com/e...431/os-x-10.11-el-capitan-compatibility-news/
    >> http://www.native-instruments.com/e...udio-timecode-delays-in-os-x-10.9-os-x-10.11/

(and according to my own experiences so far) there seem to be persisting issues with mac OSX 10.9 and above, that make it impossible to use TRAKOR on these OSX Version in a live environment. On the other hand recent versions of TRAKTOR do not support OSX versions older than 10.9.

Is this still correct? Are there any updates yet on how / when this will be fixed? Are there any confirmed workarounds?

I am an owner of a MBP 13" Retina 2015 and Traktor Kontrol S8. So far none of the workarounds I found on the forums did work for me:
    - no flash
    - wifi + blutooth turned off
    - no other programs running
    - 48khz, latency 512 and above
    - (no) multi cpu support selected

For gigs I still use an old MB Air 13" with mountain lion. But I am wondering: When will I finally be able to use the features of my S8 that I bought almost half a year ago...

2. Bombe

Bombe Member

I have been using the S4 with 10.9 successfully for almost two years now.

3. altertainment

altertainment New Member

That's good to know. I seemed to be fine with 10.9. on my 2013 MB AIR as well, but as long as Native Instruments does not confirm the issue is solved I am hesitant to use it in front of an audience.

What's your Hardware? Does it already have USB3? (I read something about the problems possibly being related to Apples USB3 implementation)

On my MBP 13" Retina 2015 (which can not be downgraded below OSX10.10) I always get heavily distorted sound after about 2 - 3 hours of playback.
    :(

4. Bombe

Bombe Member

15” Late 2013 MBPr so, yes, USB3. It took a while for NI to get their drivers right (I had random crashes of the USB bus – Traktor would continue to run but audio and all input, including keyboard and touchpad, was dead) but the current version works without a problem for any amount of time.

5. SirReal

SirReal Forum Member

Traktor version 2.10.0, OS version 10.11.5 on a 15' 2015 MBP and I have no problems using a Denon DNX1700 mixer as the audio interface and 2 Denon SC2900's as midi or timecode controllers.

6. altertainment

altertainment New Member

I will try Mavericks on my 2013 MacBook as soon as I have a little time for experiments in between gigs.

But apart from this I would really appreciate to see some official information by NATIVE INSTRUMENTS concerning which of their devices + software versions are confirmed to work flawlessly on recent generation Apple Hardware (if there are any at all)...

7. djgoosh

djgoosh Member

Macbook pro 2011, traktor 2.10.0 , OS 10.10.5 - 5 serious audio drop outs in the last month.

8. Arne Zanter

Arne Zanter New Member

10.10.5 and El Capitan have these Latency Bugs with Denon SC 2900, DN-X 600, DJM-750 and XDJ-1000 to fill your List! Tested wit Traktor 2.7.3, 2.10.3 and 2.8.1