1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Step Sequencer: How to set the default grid to 8 bars?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Almaz, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Almaz

Almaz NI Product Owner

Hi, is there a way to make the 8 bar grid by default when using the Step Sequencer?

Thanks.
    Regards, Paul

Attached Files:

2. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

There are two possible approaches (I think):

1) By making a change in the one of the .qml files. Are you familiar with what these are and how to overwrite them with updated versions?

2) In the Traktor Controller Manager create a keyboard mapping that sets the Remix Deck > Step Sequencer > Pattern Length value to 8. This is probably the easiest method to investigate than the first if you are unfamiliar with modding the .qml files. There are many articles that go through the principles of such things.

3. Almaz

Almaz NI Product Owner

Thanks for the answer, Nick, I don't know how to change the qml file. First, I'll try the second method you suggested. I understand that after activating the step sequencer mode on S8, I will have to click on the computer keyboard?