Step Sequencer with Kontrol F1 in Traktor Pro, why not?

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by juanfran121982, Nov 7, 2013.

1. juanfran121982

juanfran121982 Forum Member

Last day I saw a video from DJ Techtools trying to imitate a Step Sequencer of Maschine or even Ableton in a Remix Decks. The result was very amazing and I think is very interesting.

The video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvgVgrtc1oc

In my point of view, also users of Traktor F1 could do it even better than this Midi controller. I'm not saying that Native Instruments must to adapt a Remix Deck into a Step Sequencer like this video, I want to say that Native Instruments should to create a new Type of Deck, for example called: Step Sequencer Deck or even could call it Maschine Deck. In this deck we'll have a complete new Step Sequencer to use with the Kontrol F1. Native Instruments have all the necesary to do it and they know very well al the process of Step Sequencing with other software: Maschine. Why don't they do??

It's a very good suggestion. For example: Users of Maschine (those who own one) and those users who own a Kontrol F1 could set this type of Deck in their Traktor software. Somebody who don't have a license of Maschine software and a Kontrol F1 hardware could't do it. Easy, and also is a way of earn money. Another option to control this Maschine Deck or Step Sequencer Deck is directly with Maschine, but I personally would like with F1 because the dimensions are the same that other controllers DJ like X1, X1 mk2, Z1...

Another type of suggestion is that users of Kontrol F1 cannot pre-listening in external mode. This is a fail which solution is to add another channel to can pre-listen Remix Deck in the software.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm learning the language but I hope everybody can understand me.

2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

You can expect something coming from one of the Moderators about an F1 Step Sequencer VERY SOON :)

3. mcleish

mcleish New Member

Come ooooon!! its been 'soon'!!!!! :D

4. juanfran121982

Here is another example. I don't like very much because is a Remix Decks which has been adapted to a Step Sequencer. If would see a new Type of Deck....in which you can see all the information of the Step Sequencer...It would be incredible!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtDKWf3TyF4

5. djsemi

djsemi New Member

+1

I especially like the idea of a completely new 'Maschine' Deck...you could have the output of the step sequencer either route to screen, F1 or Maschine hardware as you would like. This would allow for some sick collaborations for group acts where one guy is DJing in Traktor (Deck A & B), another guy is grabbing loops from Decks A & B to chop up and jam in Remix Deck C and yet another guys is using an F1 or Maschine to create beats on the fly in Maschine Deck D...all on the fly and yet synchronised together as one.

NI could even release an 'M1' controller, which would be a cut down step sequencer version of the Maschine pads as an entry level way to control decks for those without a fully fledged F1 or Maschine controller.

Endless possibilities!!!

6. juanfran121982

Next video show us how Henrik Schwarz uses the Kontrol F1 as a Sequencer: I suppose in Ableton Live, but I'm not sure 100%. It would be perfect if instead of ableton would be Traktor. Can you imagine this?

From the beginning to 10:00 you can see it, for example.
    [video=youtube_share;hyVq--qZVEI]http://youtu.be/hyVq--qZVEI[/video]

7. Berlu

Berlu New Member

Huge +1 !!!

8. parrismc

parrismc NI Product Owner

Any news Karlos? You did say VERY SOON...... Would love a Step Sequencer for the F1.

9. AudiFreq

AudiFreq NI Product Owner

yeah, I also keep checking here for information on getting more out of the F1

10. Kevo83

Kevo83 New Member

Yes please! +1 on that step sequencer for F1

11. just.one.creation

just.one.creation New Member

I keep coming back to this thread as well hoping to seeing some updates on this topic. F1/Traktor step sequencer pleeeeeeeaaaase.

12. Berlu

Berlu New Member

Still no news from Native Team about a potential F1 sequencer ?

13. parrismc

The wait is killing me....:mad:...............:D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  14. juanfran121982

Well, like Native Instruments don't do anything other companies have started to think about it and this is the result (The controller is already for sale):

15. tmccoy

tmccoy Forum Member

I think the MFT is a really intelligent approach and I applaud DJTT for being innovative and leading the way, much like they did with the MF3D - but maybe the gyro functionality was a bit too focussed on the performance aspect? I do think they could have much better success with the MFT.

16. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

I'd be happy if they sorted out the ridiculous design flaw/bug of not having soft takeover on faders or filters! Step sequencer in Traktor? Maschine decks please ...

17. kolta

kolta NI Product Owner

Yes ! Plus one !! maschine decks in Traktor !!!

18. parrismc

Not so soon.......LoL.....Sorry Karlos......

19. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

No I guess not. I thought someone would post something up as it has been achieved.
    Let me chase it up but don't hold your breathe... I dunno if the info was for public consumption or if it was finalised which may account for the delay.

• Like Like x 1
  20. parrismc

Many Many Thanks Karlos.........