Step Sequencer with Kontrol F1 in Traktor Pro, why not?

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by juanfran121982, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Mutis

Mutis NI Product Owner

This has implemented the best of all worlds (I hope any update soon in the traktor/maschine implementation (hardware side?) should go in this direction(

I will love to see a turntable groovebox.

http://www.m-audio.com/TFP/

2. Toolc

Toolc New Member

Hi, step sequencing directly with maschine or F1 in traktor would be great but can't we already just sync machine and traktor (software) by sending a midi clock with traktor to maschine and using the step sequencer of maschine 2 ?

3. parrismc

parrismc NI Product Owner

Not everybody has maschine.......I think the F1 should be able to do this.

4. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

I have maschine! But I would much rather use my f1, I almost bought the midi fighter twister, but I agree a step-sequencer within the F1 would be better. I do wonder though, is it really going to make NI any money to add this? And that is unfortunately what it comes down to.Especially if there are any issues caused by an added feature like this.
    The F1 is actually pretty advanced as it is. It took me a year to get my samples and workflow figured out.
    Maybe for some all the features and use just flows, but I am guessing it is only a small percentage that get past simple use of the supplied remix sets.
    But yes, I do agree it would be a great feature.

5. Tricky Mouse

Tricky Mouse NI Product Owner

A Kontrol F1mk2 with a hardware step-sequencer like the midi-fighter twister's would be more up NI's integrated hardware/software business model :)

6. Notanon

Notanon NI Product Owner

Yeah, I've been looking at getting a Midi Fighter Twister, though proper implementation in a F1 would sway me towards one of those instead. Now that the S8 is out, might be worth chasing up some info on this.

7. parrismc

I think it's been forgotten............

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  8. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

Hey Guys,

Somebody of you might know me as Stewe the Mapping Guru but I also run a custom mapping service. If anybody has interest in buying it, I can build a basic Remix Deck Sequencer mapping for the F1.

9. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

I still haven't consider at what price would it go but anyways my charge for the mapping starts at US $70 and rise with complexity of the task. If there would be much interest in developing this tool the price will be significantly reduced.

10. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

One thing that could break the mapping is regrouping of the commands in Controller Manager. I don't think that is going to happen with the Remix Deck mappings. Only time NI did something like that was at 2.5.0
    Second case would be if the controller firmware get changed for some reason. Which again is very unlikely to happen.

11. parrismc

Count me in I'd buy that but am with ImNoDJ $20 is about my limit..... Spread some love Stevan. At DJTechTools Tekken’s Kontrol F1 Ultimate Mapping v3.0 Is free............Like many others.

12. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

I have more than 30 mappings online with more than 80k downloads for various controllers, all for free at DJTT Maps site and Traktor Bible. I love to share but I also run a service for Traktor Ninja stuff.
    Fun fact is that I'm currently editing and re-mapping Tekken's mapping for MIDIfighter 3D. This mapping is about one week job (in total with testing) and it's also for free if you have the DJTT Midi Fighter 3D and NI Traktor Pro 2. The sequencer mapping is bigger - link around 25 mapping devices in one crazy .tsi

13. parrismc

Sorry Stevan............... Respect Due........:thumbsup:

14. Notanon

Notanon NI Product Owner

Karlos, confirm/deny step sequencing coming to F1?

15. Johann Franz

Johann Franz New Member

Stevan I'm interested in your work.....may be if we would be several of us....it would be easier to get enough money for your investigation.

16. Kennymester

Kennymester New Member

I would be down to chip in for a step-sequencing mapping. I can throw 50 bucks towards it if it means getting something fluid to work.

17. parrismc

Any news Karlos?

18. Notanon

Notanon NI Product Owner

Might be in Version 2.9 at the rate things are going, or on a F1 Mk2. My money is now on the latter in conjunction with Maschine Decks.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  19. parrismc

Karlos did say soon............ but Notanon you may be right Traktor 3.0 or F1 Mk2. Let's hope not.

20. Notanon

Notanon NI Product Owner

Yeah, the more I think about it, it'd have to be a Mk2 to use the sequencer with the existing remix decks, or completely separate Maschine Decks that function slightly differently to the Remix Decks. Though I suppose NI could get away with a toggle in the remix decks to trigger step-sequencing mode for the affected decks, and would avoid existing F1 users needing to upgrade to take advantage of the step-sequencing mode.

That all said, I'd say we'd see something like this when Maschine integration with Traktor is finally sorted out, bit like how the D2 is the main controller for Stems Decks, though the F1 can still be used when the Stems format is made available.