Step Sequencer with Kontrol F1 in Traktor Pro, why not?

Discussion in 'KONTROL F1' started by juanfran121982, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Johann Franz

Johann Franz New Member

I got it, please look at next video:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Notanon

Notanon NI Product Owner

Nice! Do you have details of the mapping itself?

3. Notanon

Notanon NI Product Owner

Looking at the video, I guess this is how I would go about it:

1. Determine how to map the LEDs for each sequence according to the tempo or beats in a bar, perhaps using MIDI mode or a conditional modifier statement in the controller editor.
    2. Determine how to toggle the step sequencing mode on and off using a certain combination of buttons that won't clash with other existing combinations. Maybe have this determined by displaying "SQ" in the 2 x seven segment LED display.
    3. Using a conditional modifier statement whereby if the step sequencing mode is active, then holding down something like the mode button and choosing a sample pad will go back to the sequencer, but with the sample selected acting as a modifier of sorts.
    4. Using another modifier statement in conjunction with a modifier statement for the LED check to determine if the sample should be triggered at a specific part of the sequence or not. Maybe also set a condition in the sample select mode where if a sample is being triggered in a sequence, perhaps an indication of this via a different LED colour.
    5. Maybe another condition to limit this to perhaps just one shot samples. Maybe another to mute a column of sample triggering slots instead of having to disable them one by one.

From my estimates, probably about 4 or so modifier conditions, at least. Maybe 5 or 6 depending on a couple of other things like what page is loaded for the deck selected. Anyway, I'll be picking up a F1 in a couple of days, so might have a go at attempting this myself once I've had a bit of a play with it and learn a bit more about how it operates. I'll sit down and work out a logic table as well to try and make the process easier as well.

Edit: I will also release the mapping if I can get it working satisfactorily.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  4. andif8

andif8 New Member

"Kontrol F1 cannot pre-listening in external mode"
    Is this still unsolved?

5. parrismc

parrismc NI Product Owner

You pre-listen on a spare channel on mixer.........Why would you need that on the F1?

6. andif8

andif8 New Member

When I have the remixdeck running, before I start the next sample cell, sometimes I like to prelisten/monitoring and preset (filter, nudge) that cell - while the other sampleslots keep playing for the crowd. But this is not working with Traktors External Mixing Mode - even with adding a separate output-channel for the Output Preview.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  7. parrismc

parrismc NI Product Owner

I see you are doing things on the fly (Live)........ I pre make my remix-sets so no nudging or anything.

8. andif8

andif8 New Member

yes and sometimes I like to play a bit Offbeat to make it more interessting. Sadly: you can't nudge individual Remix-Slots with the D2/S8-Controllers - so I have to add the F1 to the two D2's.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015