1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Still learning things about Massive

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by sijarvis, Nov 3, 2021.

1. sijarvis

sijarvis NI Product Owner

For years, i've been wondering what was happening with the bypass section of Massive. Today, I RTFM and learned something new.

How F-in stupid of me. It's only been 14 years and now i've got to rejig my old patches to make them sharper.

All I can say is that MX has simplified signal flow quite considerably.

Now all I want for Christmas is MX 2 or whatever iteration it's going to be called.

2. chk071

chk071 NI Product Owner

Reading the title, I thought you talk about Massive...

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

You can do what Bypass section does in MX too - just by wiring things directly.

4. sijarvis

Indeed. Which is why I said that MX has simplified its signal flow quite considerably, although there should be a means of controlling the amount of signal directed to each monophonic node. Currently, it's all or nothing. Massive bypass is set up in a wet/dry configuration, so you at least get some control.

Now waiting for Santa's festive update with lots of new features.....or is the Easter bunny bringing that one?

5. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

You can patch a Utility module between your "bypass" signal and the effects and use that as a VCA and/or additional HPF/LPF.

6. sijarvis

Ok, that's definitely a workaround, although of course you lose a module in the process, so if you were wiring direct signals from all possible sources, you would run out of utility modules very quickly.

FM8 lets you regulate the flow of each signal anywhere in a patch so it would be good for MX to do something similar.

7. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

That's not so much a workaround as it is a more flexible variation on OG Massive's fixed routing--Massive X has a much more modular signal flow. What are you trying to accomplish that you're having an issue with?

8. sijarvis

Thanks for the offer of help but I haven't actually asked for any, neither do I have any issues. To be honest, I think I understand MX's architecture very well and aim to push its boundaries as much as possible in my own patches, although I have yet to get my head around T1=4 and VR, which brings me back to my original paragraph, in which I remind myself to RTFM.