1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Still unable to install Komplete Ultimate on my external hard disc

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by LittleFatBloke, Jan 7, 2022.

1. LittleFatBloke

LittleFatBloke NI Product Owner

It's now been a little over a month and I still am not able to use anything from the Komplete Ultimate hard drive. I have a 2TB external drive, formatted and ready, but still Native Access won't allow me to download to it, it keeps telling me my 250gb HD is insufficient...which I already knew, hence the external drive.
    I also keep being told that NI is having some problems with Monterey, and maybe the new M1 chip? If so these problems have been going on for a long long time.

Just what is it with NI and their truly awful customer support? I send emails and sometimes it takes them days and days before they respond, and even then it's like some form of standard reply. NI asked me what my OS was and I told them, Monterey. Almost a week later I received another ticket from them asking what OS am I using!!

How can such a major player as NI afford to treat their customers with such apparent disdain and yet still survive?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

Native Access requires enough room on the system drive in order to install to whichever drive you want. Even if you're installing from the supplied Komplete hard drive - the installer needs to unpack files temporarily. See if you can make enough room to install to your external drive, one product at a time.

Also, just checking - you did set the Content path in NA preferences to your external drive, right? Otherwise it will want to install to your system drive by default.

3. LittleFatBloke

LittleFatBloke NI Product Owner

Yes, I've ensured the Preferences are set to an external drive. I also tried moving an app at a time from the Komplete Ultimate drive but it caused my system to crash twice. Do you know how long the apps would be on my Mac's drive before transferring over to the external one for good?

Thanks for your response

4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

Temporary space on system drive is needed only during the installation process, as far as I know.