1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Stop/Start Audio

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by aboo, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aboo

aboo New Member

I'm using the Mac version of Spektral Delay 1.5, and I've encountered a weird "glitch" on this new version that wasn't around on the 1.0 version. It's this: when I open the program and try to play sound, there's no sound. I have to manually turn off sound under "System>Stop Audio" and then manually turn on sound again. After I do that, I hear sound with no problems. However, it is strange that I would have to do this every time I load the program up. Does anyone have any suggestions or explanations as to why I'm getting this weird problem?

2. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

Hey aboo,
    I have the same bug as you... But I'm glad I've read your post, you gave me the solution...! I installed the apps about 7 times on both my Ibook and my G4.
    Now even the midi functions work!
    thanx A LOT

3. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

Hey aboo,
    I have the same bug as you... But I'm glad I've read your post, you gave me the solution...! I installed the apps about 7 times on both my Ibook and my G4.
    Now even the midi functions work!
    thanx A LOT

4. aboo

aboo New Member

???

What exactly about my earlier post gave you the solution--I'm just curious.

5. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

Hi Aboo,
    here's your tip that resolved my "bug":

"I have to manually turn off sound under "System>Stop Audio" and then manually turn on sound again."

I know that this was not post as a tip, but it helped me!!! I find that strange, though, that we seem to be the only ones that got that problem... As I wrote earlier I reinstalled SP about 7 times and after every install it was working, but when I would restart SP that same bug would come back... And the midi functions were not even working...
    So now it's cool, although I have to do the "turn off" every time I use SP.
    thanx gain ;-)
    Jeff

6. jazzydred

jazzydred New Member

What's up guys,
    In my case, SD works fine in logic, but as a standalone, I get no audio until I switch from asio driver (Delta 66 ) to soundmanager and back again. Confusing as hell, but it's better than the frequent crashes and lockups I had come to expect from SD.

G4/400, OS 9.1, 1.2gigs RAM, Delta 66, Logic audio5. Reaktor 3.06

7. Moogulator

Moogulator NI Product Owner

mac or pc?

are you talking mac or pc version?

8. aboo

aboo New Member

Mac

I have a mac G4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.