Stop/Start Audio

Discussion in 'SPEKTRAL DELAY' started by aboo, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aboo

aboo New Member

I'm using the Mac version of Spektral Delay 1.5, and I've encountered a weird "glitch" on this new version that wasn't around on the 1.0 version. It's this: when I open the program and try to play sound, there's no sound. I have to manually turn off sound under "System>Stop Audio" and then manually turn on sound again. After I do that, I hear sound with no problems. However, it is strange that I would have to do this every time I load the program up. Does anyone have any suggestions or explanations as to why I'm getting this weird problem?

2. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

Hey aboo,
    I have the same bug as you... But I'm glad I've read your post, you gave me the solution...! I installed the apps about 7 times on both my Ibook and my G4.
    Now even the midi functions work!
    thanx A LOT

3. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

Hey aboo,
    I have the same bug as you... But I'm glad I've read your post, you gave me the solution...! I installed the apps about 7 times on both my Ibook and my G4.
    Now even the midi functions work!
    thanx A LOT

4. aboo

aboo New Member

???

What exactly about my earlier post gave you the solution--I'm just curious.

5. iznodj

iznodj Forum Member

Hi Aboo,
    here's your tip that resolved my "bug":

"I have to manually turn off sound under "System>Stop Audio" and then manually turn on sound again."

I know that this was not post as a tip, but it helped me!!! I find that strange, though, that we seem to be the only ones that got that problem... As I wrote earlier I reinstalled SP about 7 times and after every install it was working, but when I would restart SP that same bug would come back... And the midi functions were not even working...
    So now it's cool, although I have to do the "turn off" every time I use SP.
    thanx gain ;-)
    Jeff

6. jazzydred

jazzydred New Member

What's up guys,
    In my case, SD works fine in logic, but as a standalone, I get no audio until I switch from asio driver (Delta 66 ) to soundmanager and back again. Confusing as hell, but it's better than the frequent crashes and lockups I had come to expect from SD.

G4/400, OS 9.1, 1.2gigs RAM, Delta 66, Logic audio5. Reaktor 3.06

7. Moogulator

Moogulator NI Product Owner

mac or pc?

are you talking mac or pc version?

8. aboo

aboo New Member

Mac

I have a mac G4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.