1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Str8.150 (Turntable) Setup?

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by DJMyungki, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJMyungki

DJMyungki New Member

So I was wondering what else would I need to connect Str8.150's to Traktor.
    I plan to put the input of the turntables through my Mixvibes Control Pro first.

Any suggestions / ideas?

I haven't ever used actual vinyl turntables before so I'm not sure what all the requirements are.

Thanks

2. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

so, just to be sure, why exactly do you want to hook up the turntable?

3. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

I have st8.150's also.

What you will need is Traktor 'Scratch' Pro 2 package which includes the control vinyl and cds, soundcard, and software.

Or if you have a Traktor 'Scratch' certified mixer you will only need the certified mixer packackage.

1 you must use an NI certified audio interface
    2 you must purchase the package that has the word 'SCRATCH' in it

4. DJMyungki

DJMyungki New Member

I have the Traktor Scratch Pro 2

And if I buy the mixvibes timecoder, I would be able to hook up the St8.150's to the mixvibes and then use that with Traktor, right?
    ---
    To scratch. :)

5. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

he he he :lol:

Then you're set up man. Have fun with you TSP2 and your non-certified audio interface.

6. DJMyungki

DJMyungki New Member

But it should work right? Even though mixvibes are not certified? O:

7. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

No. You need a certified interface for scratch functionality.

8. Count Zero

If you have Traktor Scratch Pro 2 then you should already have a certified NI soundcard. Use that.

9. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

NO , no it wil not work and by asking this question we can only assume that you do not have a Native Instruments soundcard or a Certified Mixer thus leading us to 'assume' that you are using a Cracked/torrent/file shared version of Traktor Scratch Pro.

This is illegal and we do not give advice to people that use cracks.

If you own a legitimate copy of Traktor you will receive the undivided help and support of this forum and the Moderators.

Your registration details are being checked.

Native Instruments Moderators reserve the rights to check the registration details of any forum member should they have 'reasonable' doubt about the legality of someones copy of Traktor.

10. DJMyungki

DJMyungki New Member

So you're saying that because Mixvibes aren't certified that is illegal?
    How so? Elaborate

I mapped the mixvibes to Traktor and it works... What else do I need? Another mixer so that I can plug turntables into that as well as mixvibes?

Also how do I register my Traktor?

11. Karlos Santos

No I am not saying that.

Can you tell me which exact version of Traktor you have.

Either:
    Traktor Pro
    or
    Traktor Scratch Pro

Any version of Traktor will work with any soundcard when using Midi or Keyboard commands to control it. You need Traktor SCRATCH Pro (note the difference) to be able to control Traktor with timecode vinyl or CD.

You register it when you buy it. When did you buy it..?

12. DJMyungki

DJMyungki New Member

A friend gifted it a to me. And I guess I have to buy Traktor Scratch Pro... But would that still work with Mixvibes since according to you it's like illegal or uncertified to use mixvibes with Traktor...

Note: You said I am using illegal software because I have Mixvibes... Lol.

13. Count Zero

If you friend gave you a copy of his Traktor Scratch Pro and let you register it with his details then you have an illegal copy and you friend is in breach of his software agreement as well.

We cannot be any more clear than this:

Scratch functionality in traktor will not work with non certified hardware.

When you purchase a legal copy of Traktor Scratch Pro it will come with the certified hardware you need.

The fact you have Traktor Scratch Pro without certified hardware is sure indication that your copy of Traktor Scratch is illegal. Mixvibes has nothing to do with the issue.

This is the second time I have given you the same answer.
    Mixvibes will not work.

Since you can't seem to get that and you are clearly using an illegal copy of traktor this thread is now *CLOSED*

You are welcome to come back when you have purchased your own legal copy of traktor.

14. Karlos Santos

...and just for clarity. I did not say the above at all. That is a ridiculous interpretation of my words.

I never accuse people of using illegal software, i ALWAYS say that, from the information you have given we can only 'assume' you are using an illegal copy. Fundamentally different from a direct accusation.

My point is that you have Traktor SCRATCH Pro without a Native Instruments soundcard or Certified Mixer. This is NOT legally possible. The soundcard comes bundled with the software when purchased.

I am an expert at reading between the lines and catching people out who use illegal copies of Traktor and I have done it many many times, usually because they do not research the product and fall into and easy trap.

As the wise Count Zero says, when you buy it, we will help you.

Karlos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.