Suggestion for Solid FX

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by Jamie77, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Jamie77

Jamie77 New Member

In Studio One it's kind of a pain to mix with multiple plugins visible at the same time. One thing I would like to see are conjoined plugins in this series. I'd like to see a "Channel version" that is maybe just the Solid Dynamics and Solid EQ in a single plugin with the ability to flip their routing, and the same for the Solid Bus Compressor and Solid EQ. Still have the individuals, of course for when needed, but I'd definately like both plugins in the same window like most other "SSL" emulations do.

Also wouldn't mind seeing a more advanced limiter added to the chain as a standalone and part of the conjoined plugins. A section that expands to show a modern EQ slope with manually controllable parameters (like Pro-Q and dozens of others do) would also be helpful.

They're great sounding plugins but I think adding some features to them and updating them to be competitive with more modern effects would really bring them into wider use. I've gotten used to them, but they aren't fast to use and I know a ton of people, myself included, that would switch to any console emulation that had more modern features.

Thx

2. ruslan.st

ruslan.st NI Product Owner

Good point, but no chances it will happen. It would be good to have gain control in EQ at least.

3. Jamie77

Jamie77 New Member

Yeah i know they could care less about usability. Just look at maschine and kontakt.

4. Jamie77

Jamie77 New Member

Incidentally, waves just had a sale on the ssl collection so got that. I guess it doesnt matter if they fix it now as i wont be using it anymore anyways, lol. Having them both in one is sooooo much better. Sorry ni... youre actually not in my templates at all anymore as i replaced your comps, too.

5. tkurgpold

tkurgpold NI Product Owner

Honestly, I've been thinking to try and download the old Guitar Rig version of the Solid FX just for this purpose. I do like having access to old installers for the sake of experimentation.

Edit: They appear to have removed any entries in the legacy section for the Guitar Rig version. Oh well.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  6. Jamie77

Jamie77 New Member

I noticed the waves version of the ssl collection went on sale and bought that instead of waiting for NI to do something. So glad I did. Few more plugins and i can drop almost everything from NI. They're imploding anyways. Hoping theres a good kontakt competitor soon. Its jist not worth being in a broken ecosystem with gimped hardware anymore. You cant even adjust the velocity scaling on a series keyboards and the hoops you have to jump through to change midi channels, if you even can.... sickening. I sat down and thought about it the other day and 80% of my time in the studio is trying to figure out how to work around what NI products CAN'T do. I'm done.