1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Super OEM Turntable Platform

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by djquartz, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Here are some models that use this design...

The original post was lost in the shuffle.

Stanton ST/STR8-150
    American Audio HTD 4.5
    Citronic PD-45/45mk2
    Synq XTRM1
    Akiyama Acura DJ-4000
    Reloop RP6000MK5
    Ominitronic DD5250
    Kam DDX5000
    BST PRO-PR4.5
    Koolsound TDJ-04

Here is the AboutDJ review on the platform, http://www.aboutdj.nl/content/view/232/8/

Here are pics of the different models.

Here are some links to other models as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. paddydj

paddydj NI Product Owner

What's the sense of this? Do you mean manufacturers are using similar designs for their turntables? They remind me a bit of the 1210s...

3. djquartz

Yes, all these turntables are using the same base components with a couple manufacturers adding more features depending on their design.

I'm using the American Audio version but I'm looking to get a silver set from Citronic/Akiyama/Ominitronic or Reloop if I can find them over here.

I don't mind having two sets of decks if they are cheap enough to get now.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  4. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

anyone knows who produces these turntables ?

they're all the same but sold under different labels.

5. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

oem = original equipment manufacturer

6. progen

progen NI Product Owner

I had the Stanton STR8-150. Lovely turntable but super heavy. Got someone to carry it after I cleared it from Customs (got it from overseas). He couldn't believe the weight! Was like lifting a block of stone. :)

7. fella

fella NI Product Owner

All the above OEM turntables are very good tables, and some say they are even better than the Sl1200 series.(don't wanna go into that discussion)

However, they come with a little margin at the tonearm where the tonearm from the SL is rocksteady.
    Margin can cause skipping, you will notice this when you scratch or cue a bit rough.
    This can be removed by a pro at a very little cost.(around 5 bucks,when you buy the TT)
    Don't do this yoursself, because you will messup things.

http://www.new-line.nl/webshop/search.asp?str=oem is the adress if you live in the Netherlands.For other countries just google.

If you think you have a little margin at the tonearm, just pick the tonearm up and(easy) move it back and forth.
    If you feel nothing then its ok.If you notice some little clicks or whatever then the tonearm has margin.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  8. djquartz

Here are some YouTube demo videos.

Citronic PD-45mk2, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBOh80qAkDg"]YouTube - Citronic PD-45 Review[/ame]

Kam DDX-5000, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-pNleo9Pdc"]YouTube - Demonstration of the KAM DDX5000 vinyl turntable[/ame]

Synq Xtrm-1, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXGsMHLEwk&feature=related"]YouTube - Super-oem TT's... (preview of my synq x-trm1)[/ame]

9. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Remember you mentioning this a few months ago, fella. I'll be spinning as a resident in another place soon and they have two Vestax PDX2000s (the older ones with the higher platter) in fairly bad condition. Both arms have quite a bit of movement in them. What is it exactly that the company will do to the tonearms? Do they change or add something? It's easier if I know what it is they do to the arms so that I can try looking around for someone in Malaysia or neighbouring Singapore who can do that. I'd like to start using vinyl again. I have two rather new SL1210 MK5s at my current workplace but I find the +/- 8% a little restricted for hip hop / pop stuff. That's lovely for house because I only use +/-6% on the CDJ1000s anyway when doing that type of music.

10. fella

fella NI Product Owner

11. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Thanks buddy

12. djquartz

Well I was trying to get another set of American Audio's but it looks like you can't get them in Canada anymore.

So I will have to get myself a set of Stanton ST-150's.

13. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Not sure about the other decks mentioned in this thread but one thing you'll notice about Stanton's top end deck is its weight. Freakin' solid though.

14. bigbadselecta

bigbadselecta Forum Member

What would you prefer: Numark TT500 or Synq XTRM1?

I can get both for pretty much the same price...

I read somewhere that the TT500 also has the oem-platform but a few advantages, like a 2nd arm for instance...

On the other hand, the Synq looks much better, I think...

I need a third TT but don't want to spend too much...

15. djquartz

Personally for me I would get the Synq Deck.

I have the American Audio version which is the HTD 4.5.

I also have a Numark TT-200 I use to rip vinyl.

My personal preference is the American Audio, Stanton ST-150, etc. configuration.

I don't like the feel of the Numark decks personally.

16. djquartz

Well I got my second set of decks last night for road gear.

2 x Stanton ST-150's,and boy are they frigging heavy!

Very solid deck though.

The one thing you will need to get used to at first if you use them is no number markings on the pitch control.

Otherwise they are indentical to all the other decks.

So it's good that TS shows you the pitch so you know the percentage you're at.

Also the Stanton's have 8/25/50 and the American Audio's have 10/20/50 so that was a slight adjustment too.

It took a few minutes to adjust and I was recording my radio show just as I would on my American Audio's.

But now I won't have to tear down the studio set completely to play out anymore.

I will just leave these in their cases and grab em when I'm ready to go.

They are perfect for road decks because of their weight and solidness.

The American Audio's did me good on the road too but will be just studio decks now.

Another good thing about these decks is that they are self grounding so no need for any ground wires. But there is a ground lift switch as well in case you run into any problems.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.