In Sticky Support For Midi Plug-ins (ie. Cthulhu)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by cblack412, Mar 17, 2015.

1. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

Yes, that is what I'm trying to achieve. So unfortunate at this time.

2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Check your settings. Live pad playing was the main thing I tried when I checked.

Have you loaded or reloaded a new Group?

Maybe you need to clearly lay out what you want to achieve and how.

3. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

Yes I tried several times. So what I am trying to achieve is writing note-repeat and arp data to the DAW in the same way it works in machine's sequencer. So, if I hold a kick drum at 1/8 repitition, I want to see each midi note written to daw and hear the targeted track at the same time.

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

By "targeted track", do you mean your DAW track (and an instrument on it) or the Maschine Sound (with a sample/instrument loaded)? And does it work and then suddenly stop working? Or does it just not work at all?

5. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

I made a short screencast to explain:

6. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

for me (ie which mean nothing), does this look like you're playing empty pads.
    this, then only send midi data. is not a sound on the pad`s.
    But, I hope Mister thirty six helps you further.

7. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

Right I just want to send midi data. But the piano track should also play when I hit the pads, not only after.

8. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

Uh ... switching in keyboard mode?
    Sound 1 (piano) K.mod. ...could help.;)Press Shift and Pad Mode.;)
    at least it looks to me like this.
    You are trying to play a piano (instrument) in the pad mod.

9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Looks to me like you haven't set the track in Bitwig up correctly for what you want to do and it is not monitoring the MIDI input (and is therefore not letting the MIDI through to the piano plugin during live play). Set the track to monitor MIDI input. If Bitwig is as like Ableton Live as I hear, you'll have to switch it back to listen to recorded MIDI in the arranger.

And yes, the keyboard mode point is a good one: you can just use one Sound to transmi MIDI across the keyboard (and use the arpeggiator and chords). Use Maschine in keyboard mode.

10. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

I tried all of these mentioned. The tracks were set to auto-monitor, but I also disabled that and manually enabled the monitor...no progress. I loaded a sound instead of a group and used keyboard mode....no progress.

11. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Still seems there's some setting in Bitwig or even in the piano plugin itself that is preventing you from hearing the live playing. Monitor needs to be "IN" or the Bitwig equivalent, MIDI channels need to match, and I don't know Bitwig, but this works in other DAWs.

12. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

But I just tried in Ableton 9.1.7 - This time I don't even get the midi recorded. There is no midi or audio.

13. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

works fine with me.
    we going to do step by step.
    Machine midi track one. Keybord mod
    In machine: sound 1 midi out: Dest to host ... midi channel 1.
    Plugin to midi track. 2
    Now midi track 2:
    midi from: 1 machine. and midi channel: machine. Post and Pre FX does not work.
    midi track 2 activate recording standby
    for me this works.
    I think that is similar in BitWig.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

So, in Ableton it works like it should only with VST (Not Audio Unit). I just need to figure out Bitwig. Thanks Dasoli!

15. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

OMG I figured it out! In Bitwig, what I thought was simpy audio out panel is actually hybrid audio/midi. The day was not wasted...quite spent...but accomplished! I thank you all for participating in the thread and helping me (and others) reach a solution!

16. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

This is expected and is a limitation of the AU format.

Glad you eventually sorted it, though I feel @dasoli had it right when he professed to RTFM more. :p ;)

But anyway... +1 for MIDI out of VST plugins hosted inside of Maschine!

17. dasoli

dasoli NI Product Owner

Printed overnight! I wish I could buy the manual in bound form. (as for Ableton Live) so I have to cut myself and bind it now.
    But yes, Reading expands the horizon.:)
    Once again, very dear thanks for your help and patience with us raw read musicians.;)

18. Oliver Dammann

Oliver Dammann New Member

so it is not possible to create a reaktor ensemble that remotes all features of the maschine internally? not even notes? via midi loopback it works. but i want to route the midi data internally without loopback.

to be more clear:
    my DAW is Maschine. the maschine is running Reaktor as plug in.
    i want to play notes on the maschine pads, sending the notes into reaktor, manipulating them and sending the data back to maschine sounds internally, triggering them.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  19. KaOsphere

KaOsphere Member

This features has been asked for ages I think...How this has not been implemented already...To be honest my only hope is MaschinIO to save this beautiful piece of Hardware. NI only cares about selling crossgrades...

20. Oliver Dammann

Oliver Dammann New Member

wow, this MaschinIO is pure creativity!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015