1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

In Sticky Support For Midi Plug-ins (ie. Cthulhu)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by cblack412, Mar 17, 2015.

1. RustyBumpkin

RustyBumpkin New Member

2. TheAndroid

TheAndroid NI Product Owner

3. komeci

komeci NI Product Owner

4. vonglan

vonglan New Member

+1
    (so I can map the Foot Controller CCs that the OB6 hardware synthesizer (used as a MIDI controller) sends, to the CCs that are recognized for modulation by u-he software synthesizers like Diva and Repro)

5. stephane.yver

stephane.yver NI Product Owner

6. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

If I'm understanding you correctly, you can already do this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. williamw

williamw New Member

I'm not sure where the discussion meandered, but the OP requested support for MIDI plugins like Cthulu, e.g., allowing the user to place a MIDI effect plugin in front of an instrument plugin. In my experience, plugins like this receive and/or generate MIDI that is then sent to the instrument plugin. AFAIK, this is still not possible as of Maschine 2.7.2...

• Like Like x 2
  8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yep, it's still not possible.

9. barryfell

barryfell NI Product Owner

10. mhuibers

mhuibers New Member

+1

Want to use the excellent "Scaler" by Plugin Boutique. But alas, still not possible in Maschine.

11. Chrislee

Chrislee New Member

+1

Yep, Scaler and other chord-plugins would be lovely to work properly in Maschine Software.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  12. OGTracks

OGTracks NI Product Owner

I really need this feature inside Maschine. Do you guys know any workarounds?

13. Thala

Thala NI Product Owner

using maschine inside a daw. feeding the midi from your plugin into maschine via daw. this works.

in maschine standalone i get only devices giving out midi to another channel(sound) OR receiving midi. if i select the midi output to another sound, the however generated midi data will not be routed into the midi plugin and straight into the selected sound. the midi plugin will send midi parallel to the maschines internal midi, if it can generate midi by itself! (use mouseclicks on chords inside the Scaler GUI for example)
    so generating chords works somehow, but any arpeggiator like thingy (a midiplugin based on midi in) will not because it is not receving the midi from maschine, if another midi output port is selected.
    this is essential.
    please fix it :) +1

14. Red5un

Red5un New Member

+1

Scaler and other midi chords, arpeggiators and effects have to work in maschine.

This is a pretty basic midi routing feature that works everywhere else.

15. OGTracks

I know. but it doesn't not work on Maschine. I feel like most of the daws out there are so ahead of Maschine that it does not make sense why simple features like this does not work. I love the Maschine work flow and everything but stuff like this just disappoint me. NI have the hardware to be ahead of almost everybody they need more developers.

16. Drizzle

Drizzle New Member

Yes, I also use Scaler and Captain Chords. It would be nice to actually route the midi from these VSTs into another instrument. Thus far I have been using Blue Cat Audio Patchwork as a work around.

17. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

How does that work? Do you load the instrument + Scaler inside of Patchwork? Are you able to print the chords to the pattern?

18. Drizzle

Drizzle New Member

It allows you to chain VSTs together. So you can do Scaler + let's say Omnisphere, then you setup the midi output and input for the two. But in the end whatever keys you press/chord configuration you have playing in scaler will trigger whatever sound you selected in Omnisphere

19. von Klamke

von Klamke NI Product Owner

+1 on the feature,
    ...but not having too big expectations - still I have a little small one - at least give us the advanced arp settings from Komplete Kontrol for a start...
    for now the arp presets ar basically useless

20. OGTracks

This is frustrating. I don't know for how long I can wait for NI to work on this. Can anyone from NI give us an update on when they are planning to work on this issue?

• Like Like x 1