In Sticky Support For Midi Plug-ins (ie. Cthulhu)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by cblack412, Mar 17, 2015.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

NI giving updates on what they are working on only happens 2 times every decade. :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. OGTracks

OGTracks NI Product Owner

They have to do better man. I am really disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OGTracks

I've created a ticket with NI to see if there is a working around other than Blue Cat's Patchwork.

I was told that MIDI Patchbay may work as a workaround. Below is the link. I haven't tested because I am at work. But if any of you have please let me know the outcome.

http://notahat.com/midi_patchbay/

Thank you

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No, that won't work unless you want to input your MIDI from an external controller/keyboard (or Maschine in MIDI mode) then that input goes to a stand-alone MIDI app, then to Maschine.
    People want to use Maschine Pad's and have MIDI effects inside the app.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Will Zégal

Will Zégal NI Product Owner

I'd like so much to have this feature implemented at least !

It sound incredible to me that it's impossible to put a MIDI plugin in any sound in the instruments and effects chain.

Blue Cat Audio Patchwork is a good workaround. DDMF Metaplugin may also be. And also is... NI Kore 2.

I don't understand why this old feature request is still not fulfilled.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OGTracks

its frustrating. We shouldn't have to pay $100 (the same price as Maschine 2) to be able to get this to work. They should be embarrassed. NI don't care about us just look how old this treat is and no one from their support center has said anything about it. This is a basic feature I don't get it, I truly don't.

7. Toners

Toners NI Product Owner

It is a workaround but only if you don't mind leaving the Maschine ECO system to control the ARP application with the mouse. Which kinda breaks the party a bit ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toners

Toners NI Product Owner

Exactly!

vote for this function in the following manner:

Channel Independent real-time arpeggiator that can be triggered from the midi keyboard as well. It should not record the arpeggiated midi notes, rather just the raw midi input. User should then be able to afterward tweak the arpeggiator settings.

The current arpeggiator in Maschine 2.8.3 is more like a note repeat function. You can't change the arpeggio figure afterward unless recording all the stuff again.

Of course, the arpeggiator 'problem' in Maschine can easily be solved: Just buy a Komplete Kontrol keyboard :)

But still, having a possibility of using arpeggiators and step-sequencers as a VST midi plugins inside the Maschine, would close the circle of a Maschine as a full-featured groove box for the trance-biased EDM producers :thumbsup:

9. Will Zégal

It's not only a matter of notes.There are plugins (and there are more an more) than act as MIDI LFOs or parameters step sequencers, sending #CC that can be sent to any instrument or FX to modulate them.
    Its very frustrating not to be able to use them in Maschine.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Toners

Toners NI Product Owner

+1

11. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

Yes please! +1 For supporting midi plugins like cathulu inside the standalone version of maschine, and no need for another DAW. Id like to be able to insert the midi plugin before the vst on the same track, but will accept being able to route the midi to another track with the vst on it. :)

12. Bluebeat3

Bluebeat3 New Member

+1
    NI developers, what is wrong with you? This is "peanuts" request . Don't be greedy and serve your base! I was surprised and shocked not to be able to use Scaler. Why in the world I will buy another software - "patcher" for $100, just to use basic functions of something that was supposed to be in your software the first place? Shame on that person (AND I AM SURE IT IS A SINGLE PERSON) who decided to not add midi out support.

13. plymjack

plymjack New Member

With the options of Scaler & Midiq to name but 2 it does seem odd that I would need to spend so much to get patcher software - would be good to know this was being looked at to be included in a future update/version.

14. Will Zégal

I don't know any MIDI compatible musique software that refuses to send MIDI to a VSTi.
    Any except Maschine. Such a shame !

15. Dandy00

Dandy00 New Member