Support for the new Apple Music?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by kdj303, Jul 1, 2015.

1. kdj303

kdj303 New Member

Hi,

I tried Traktor for iOS and Apple Music today - but Traktor does not show any tracks (even the ones made available offline) from Apple Music...
    It would be great if support for Apple Music was added to Traktor.

2. Masterbit_Tf

Masterbit_Tf NI Product Owner

Might be nice to have .. but!
    I doubt that playing/broadcasting tunes coming from Apple Music (Off or Online) to public might be allowed in Apples License Model.

So far i understand this model, you pay for playing/streaming music only to yourself, personal usage, or when paying more additionaly to your family. Not for the public, clubs, events or anything like this ;)

3. kdj303

kdj303 New Member

Well, djay / spotify allow this and I doubt they re-negotiated all their license agreements to accomodate a DJ-software.
    Using tracks for private mixing would be allowed under the current terms & conditions of Apple Music.
    Commercial use is another story.

4. bikkembergz

bikkembergz Forum Member

traktor works with my itunes library but the files are added via apple music are unknown format (.m4p=apple music | m4a = itunes)

5. kdj303

kdj303 New Member

Yep, that's my experience, too.

6. kdj303

kdj303 New Member

Well, they are DRM protected, like with all streaming services.

7. kassie

kassie New Member

That's because of the DRM protection of Apple Music, so you can stream them to Traktor directly. What you need to do is remove DRM from Apple Music, here you could use DRmare Audio Converter for Windows to help you. Good luck.