1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Supreme Edition MOD (Traktor S5/S8/D2 Screen + Mapping MOD)

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Aleix Jiménez, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

Agree not possible with the set of functions we have access to, which appears limited to analysing the current loaded track in a deck to support the Edit facility. Having said that, I have an idea on how to trigger the consistency check but there would be zero feedback.

I believe a headless Traktor setup must ultimately allow quick and full access to the underlying environment - Traktor Pro, iTunes etc to handle things outside the scope of the controllers. I handle this through remote desktop tools such as VNC on an tablet, or even phone.

2. Irina Sanz Rothlander

Irina Sanz Rothlander New Member

Hi all,
    Aleix, First of all, THANK YOU A LOT for this incredible work. It's really AMAZING what you've done! INCREIBLE!!!
    I have a S8 and a doubt with the browsers. When I installed it, the browser on deck A and B worked independently, but now it doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to relocate independent browsers? I've searched for it in preferences but I can't find it.
    Thank you very much for your patience for our questions.
    :D
    Irina

• Like Like x 1
  3. flashero

flashero New Member

Hi Aleix Jiménez how are you, awesome work!, I have a few questions on the MOD, how do i trigger the Mixer FX?. I mean, if i press FX Select (or SHIFT + FX Select, deppends of the config), it shows the overlay, but I cannot change neither apply them (should them work with the bottom rotary knobs). The independent screen browsers, does not work. Also, I cant change the BPM, when the decks are synced with Traktor Master clock.

Best regard!

4. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

select with browser encoder.
    use with Filter button and knob.

5. flashero

flashero New Member

Hi, using the browser encoder, does not change the FX's. Also, I'm using a pair of Kontrol D2's, I dont have filter knob. I use a PC in a mini case

Best regards

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

oh yeah. that’s how the mixer effects are implemented. they are actually just a replacement for the Filter effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

The S4 MK3 “exclusive” samples mode (which includes the pattern recorder) is almost ready for the S5, S8 and D2 controllers, a feature which I’m sure many of you will like, but especially S5 users, as my next update will allow you to have better control over each slot parameters.
    Stay tunned! :D:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ryan Ho

Ryan Ho New Member

Do the instant fx have to be in a certain order to make them work? It is loading delay but it should load the flanger. Stepmsequenzer also not working.
    running lightn only Visible on pads not on displays and not playing sound.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  9. Aleix Jiménez

In the preferences file, you have to set the FX number you want, and this number directly depends on the Effects list of Traktor, which is customizable. This means that if you have "removed" any effect of Traktor, the effect list is altered and that's the reason why this might be hapenning.
    On the other hand, the step sequencer is working fine, the only thing you are missing (new "hidden" feature of the mod on 2.7 which I'll explain when I release 2.8 update) is that you have to push the Loop Encoder knob when you are on Step Sequencer Mode to enable/disable the Step Sequencer.
    Like this, if you go back to the default Remix Mode, you can still have the Step Sequencer Running with the advantages this may have.

10. Ryan Ho

Ryan Ho New Member

Is there a way to implement mod changes like the one nick moon has in his?
    to change the move loop (shift encoder turn) value from loopsize to 16 or something?
    or to switch encoder functions with shift encoder functions.
    also not really figuring the wf customisation i editing the right color attributes in the preferences file (i guess) but not getting it nothing changes
    And is it possible to make traktor instead of just loading the track to the deck do the
    load loop play action?

btw thanks for helping me that quickly with my earlier problems.

I can see how much work it is after trying ro dive into it a bit. insane

thx for making the s8/s5/d2‘s the powerhouses they shouldve been from the beginning

NI reward those ppl

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Aleix Jiménez

If you are editing the colors on the preferences file, then you should, in the Preferences menu of the controller, select the last option which is “Customized WF Colors” :thumbsup:
    Switching encoder functions is also possible in theory, not sure what you want though. The option of modifying the Encoder move value to a fixed value instead of the LoopSive value should be easy to implement, I’ll get back to you privately once I release version 2.8 so that you can have that! :)
    And finally, I’m not sure of what you mean with your latest request of Traktor... you want that when a file is Loaded to a Deck, the Loop Active is enabled?

Anyway, you’re welcome, I like to see that people are enjoying my mod and value it!
    Hopefully the NI Hiring Team realize of the positive feedback (also through Patreon or Private Messages) I’ve received during the last year...:oops::D

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ryan Ho

Ryan Ho New Member

Jup i switched to customzed wf bit its not clshowing the colors i added
    wanted lows red mids green and highs blue

yes when loading a track the track plays and automatically gets into a 4 count loop

thanks looking forward to 2.8

13. åmmalgam

åmmalgam New Member

Hey. Love the mod! Awesome work. Thanks for all that.

couple of points / questions:

-on my D2’s the step sequencer gives no sound. Is that a known bug or am I missing Something there?

-I can’t figure out how to do the custom waveform colours. I always end up with just some green and all other colours are black. Can someone give me a hint here?

-is there a way to customise the colour of the top and Bottom Info Bars? I’d really love to change the fx tap s colour to something more subtle.

thanks!

14. Aleix Jiménez

Thank you very much! It’s nice to see so many of you supporting me, but also enjoying the controllers more with my mod!
    Anyway, answering your questions, you can “enable” the step sequencer sound by ensbling the sequencer! To do so, when you are in sequencer mode, push the loop encoder! This is due to a festure I’ve introduced in 3.0 (and that I was already working on before releasing 2.7). Like this, you can have the sequencer enabled and still have control of the Remix Deck! :thumbsup::)

The custom waveform colors aren’t currently working due to an error in the Preferences.qml file (already solved in 3.0).
    I can send you the new preferences file through a direct message if you wish

Finally, the top/bottom background color can be modified by editing a qml file very essily —> qml/screens/s8/views/overlays/bottomControls.qml —> look for a variable called bgColor or something like that
    (You’ll have to do this on every update, though :confused:)

• Like Like x 2
  15. åmmalgam

åmmalgam New Member

Thanks Man!

I'm happy if you send me the file but I can also wait for 3.0!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ryan Ho

Ryan Ho New Member

Cant wait for the update! Does that mean the next one will be 3.0 or 2.8?

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-SQRD

T-SQRD New Member

Absolutely loving this mod! This is functionality it should have had in the first place. NI seriously should be hiring Aleix because this is some top notch work! I understand that it takes time to integrate some advanced features of newly launched product, but I bought my S8 2 years ago and NI has not updated the firmware to expand the functionality of the screens since then. I honestly was starting to look at other platforms, but this has breathed new life into the S8 for me, so I am very thankful that someone out there is continuing what NI started. Overall I love my S8 so it was very frustrating some of the shortcomings of the limited screen info when other platforms have integrated a lot more info and continue to expand their product functions. Thank you thank you thank you Aleix!

• Like Like x 2
  18. GPN

GPN NI Product Owner

Aleix Jiménez thank you for this amazing SUPREME EDITION MOD. Can you confirm the best way for someone like me to download it? I'm an S8 owner running Traktor 3 and my understanding is, I go to Patreon and sign up to you? And then I'll have access to the download links? .. thanks in advance! .. and am happy to pay to contribute to your time via Patreon, it helps me/us so much!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aleix Jiménez

Next one will be 3.0! Still working on it! But it's almost ready, I hope that everything is finished by next friday :):thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aleix Jiménez

Exactly, in Patreon you have the latest public version, which currently is 2.7! :D