1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Supreme Edition MOD (Traktor S5/S8/D2 Screen + Mapping MOD)

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Aleix Jiménez, Feb 24, 2019.

1. sid3one

sid3one NI Product Owner

Aleix,

I had some time to play with the new feature over the weekend! It's exactly what I was hoping for! Looks like I'll have a lot of cues to find!

Thanks again!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

Hi, i'm just checking this but everything seems to work fine for me, no problem at all! when the advanced loop mode is turned off from the preferences file. Does anyone else have the same issue?

3. Nir Ziso

Nir Ziso NI Product Owner

Looping settings are ok , the beatjump settings are messed up

4. Nir Ziso

Maybe i'm not using the latest version update?

5. Nir Ziso

Aleix Jiménez Any chance fixing it soon?:rolleyes:

Thanks

6. Aleix Jiménez

I'll revise this again on Sunday, and if everything is OK i'll send you a private message to see if we can solve your problem without messing around in this post! However' i do think that everything is working fine, at least in my computer! I'll post again the files to chexk that everything was posted correctly! :thumbsup::)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gambo58

Gambo58 New Member

Great Work mate. I see how much effort you put in this project.
    I would love to install your mod on my S8, but i am still using Traktor Pro 2.11. Mostly because i fear any problems, that might occur with the new version, witch i didnt had before.

Is your Mod compatible with this version of Traktor?

• Like Like x 1
  8. akide

akide New Member

Hi, what's going on? No posts for more than a month! Why???

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Witzman

Witzman NI Product Owner

Cause its more perfect than any other mod or the basic functions :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aleix Jiménez

Sorry, i’ve been working on some new functionalities, but i haven’t implemented them 100% yet.
    Also, the 2nd of september i got a new job, and i’ve been very busy recently! But no worries, i’m still working on different things! Probably next weekend/in 2 weeks i’ll post a new update!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

you take care of your real business first and personal life.
    i’m just grateful for all the volunteer hours you’ve put i here.

thank you so much Aleix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. akide

akide New Member

I'm very grateful too!!! Thank you very much Aleix!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dimastii

Dimastii New Member

Hi Aleix! really looking forward to updates! can I display the track time in browser? can I add a duration?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  14. Aleix Jiménez

Hi Sorry, no it's not working with Traktor PRO 2.. sorry... However, if you can afford it, i strongly suggest you updating to Traktor PRO 3!

15. Nick Moon

Nick Moon NI Product Owner

And this is why I decided to write a disclaimer to set expectation at the start of the notes for my mods...

I've deleted what I was going to write, having seen (when shamed) an acknowledgement of Aleix's hard work (and that means my time too with complex mods such as beatgrid/downbeat markers and tonnes of technical information I developed to implement many of the functionalities).

But an apology I note was missing - maybe this will be delivered in the form of a contribution to Aleix's time?

Aleix this has led me to think we should both setup Buy Me A Coffee Pages. Your's will be very successful as people like your mods a lot more than mine :D:D:D which by design were approached from an IT perspective. Anyone who goes on to use our mods would be of pretty poor character not to make a donation. I had been looking at including compiled code which would allow a licence key system to be implemented but not easily got around. The Buy Me A Coffee option would be a lot easier.

What this has highlighted is we have both significantly reduced the amount of time this year - let's try and work times when we are both free to go through outstanding technical challenges so they are completed - maybe by Christmas? Who knows, I may do a re-design in the new year that people like (ie simple).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tievo

Tievo New Member

Hello good job man! I have an S5 in my possession and I can't wait to install your mods. Please add support to S5 :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. snowseals

snowseals NI Product Owner

Aleix Jiménez Any luck bro?
    Seems 3.2.1 is now officially out... So might wanna re-focus on the mod ;)

18. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aleix Jiménez

You are right Nick Moon ...

To be honest, i know that you've spent lots of hours going through thousands of code lines... and so have I. Literally, I could safely say that, since August 2018, I've spent more than 700 hours going through all the code, through multiple files, trying to achieve as many things as possible and trying to make my S8 a beast controller, by implementing as many functionalities as possible... I've launched Traktor Pro more than 20.000 times!!!
    i share your frustration, to "only" receive a couple of likes, 5 comments or so appreciating your work sometimes feels too little for the effort we put in... but i like to share all the work i do, so that other people can make a better use of their S8 controllers... To have only received 3 contributions (from sid3one, from Nir Ziso and from Caleb Grayson , to whom i thank a lot), considering that we are making the S8 a functional controller still in 2019, keeping it up to date with the Traktor Pro updates, which unfortunately Native Instruments haven't done... i don't know, it feels like too little... It's sad no to get any recongition or credit either from NI or the people who use it... considering what we are achieving... it might not be perfect and there's a lot of work to do yet, but still, it would be motivating to get some recongition for the work we are doing...

As per the Buy-Me-A-Coffe license... i would like to trust that maybe through this statement, some people will react and maybe collaborate? i don't know, maybe i'm too naive... it's true that Joe121 has done it, not through a license but though an internet Platform, and is being very successful (i read that he was making about 400$ per month, congratulations for that, OMG) with his incredible mod for the S4 MK3 (https://www.patreon.com/traktormods)... it might be an option to consider in 2020 if people doesn't "react" to this statement...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Aleix Jiménez

Sorry, i don't own an S5 and thereforse, it's literally impossible for me to help with that... if i had one i would be glad to port it to the s5, but right now, i unfortunately only own the S8... in the future, when i "end" my mod, i migh consider if there's enough people which require it, but meanwhile... sorry if the answer disappointed you... :(