Supreme Edition MOD (Traktor S8 Screen + Mapping MOD)

Discussion in 'KONTROL S5/ KONTROL S8' started by Aleix Jiménez, Feb 24, 2019.

1. timid

timid New Member

Awesome - had the issue where FX 2 on the S8 was showing params of FX 1, your .zip file solved that issue :)

2. Witzman

Witzman NI Product Owner

Wating so hard to see this on github to improve even more... :)

3. akide

akide New Member

4. Spammmy9

Spammmy9 New Member

5. Aleix Jiménez

Aleix Jiménez NI Product Owner

Hey everyone!
    Honestly, i've already tried to implement this on the S8, but here's the thing:
    -The Pattern Recorder it's just a simple implementation (literally) of the Sequencer Mode!
    I therefore concluded that it's not a necessary function to implement as of now, but it's definitively on my to-do list! What is more, in the code of my qml folder, somewhere there's an attempt to implement this!

6. Aleix Jiménez

This monday i'll update it to github+will add my roadmap of the things i want to do or implement!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aleix Jiménez

Thank you very much! I haven't had time recently to progress with it though... But will definitively make progress this next month! :thumbsup::)
    About the S5... As soon as i post it on Github, things can be attemoted in there! As of now, unfortunately, i have little interest on implementing my mod into the S5, however i would be willing to help partially if people tries to implement it! Keep in mind that the only file which needs to be modified, mainly, is the S5 mapping file located in the CSI folder, i think that the screen files don't need any modification!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nir Ziso

Nir Ziso New Member

Hey
    What about the loop recorder? are you planing adding S8 support for it?

9. Aleix Jiménez

Absolutely! How would you implemented people? Looking forward to your replies! :thumbsup::)

10. Aleix Jiménez

• Like Like x 1
  11. sid3one

sid3one NI Product Owner

Aleix -

Amazing release!! thank you for your long hours on this update. I am new to the mixerFX section as i have always used the original FX system. I would like to play with mixerFX, but cannot figure out how to assign and control the fx per deck. I found the following in the documentation, but maybe i am doing something wrong.

§ Browse Knob Push--> Set the selected mixer effect to the 4 decks

Please let me know how to assign and control the mixerFX section.

thanks,

12. Aleix Jiménez

Thank you very much!
    MixerFX are very simple to use:
    -If you press the FX Select button, you can chose which MixerFX you want for the Deck on which you are, in qn overlay which will appear when you press the FX Select button. (It will automatically close after few seconds)
    -In case you want to set that specific MixerFX not just to the deck in which you are, but to all 4 decks, when the MixerFX overlay appears, if you push the browse knob, it will set that specific MixerFX to all 4 decks.

To activate it or deactivate it on any Deck, however, you have to press the Filter On button, just as you would do to activate the Filter!

13. sid3one

sid3one NI Product Owner

thanks for the quick reply! ill give it a go when i get home.

Does the mixerFX fx type override the channel filter knob for wet/dry value?

I was looking at the github project and saw some code for scratching on the touchstrip. was that implemented as well?

thanks,

14. sid3one

sid3one NI Product Owner

I believe i have found the scratch feature. If i use cue as a modifier while scratching on the touchpad, it scratches! is it possible to have the track resume after scratching, like keeping the platter spinning while scratching?

thanks!

15. Aleix Jiménez

The feature is that if you press Shitf + Snap Button, you toggle between Scratch mode and Regular Mode behaviour of the touchstrip, just like when you enable or disable this festure from the panel control of the S8 in your computer.
    It was suggested to me in this or in another post, can’t remember, and i implemented it! :thumbsup::)
    And of course, the Snap button gives you feedback when you press Shift, so that you can quickly know in which mode you are.

Hope this resolves your doubt!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aleix Jiménez

About this, nop, when you switch of MixerFX, the wet/dry adjust isn’t modified or resetted, but it’s a thing i would like to implement + soft takeover of the Wet/Dry knob

17. sid3one

sid3one NI Product Owner

Aleix -

Were you able to add the view for next cue countdown? Not trying to push, ive just been unsuccessful when trying to modify the code.
    The loop in/out with shift modifier sounds like a good idea. I think the loop in/out positions should be able to change no matter the loop state.

Sorry for the late reply :)

18. sid3one

sid3one NI Product Owner

Would it be possible to create a shift modifier for the filter knob? I am digging the mixerFX knob on the channel, but am missing the quick access of a channel filter knob. i would imagine a shift + filter button would be needed as well.

should i do this with mapping instead?

19. Aleix Jiménez

No worries, i don't feel pushed jaja
    I haven't been able to add it yet, and here are the 2 main reasons:
    1) Lack of time, but as I said, this week but specially the next 2 weeks i'll be able to advance a lot, so you may expect this to be implemented rather soon :D:thumbsup:
    2) Once implemented, i want to implement the Beat Counter correctly, meanning that it doesn't simply count the beats and sums them like in Traktor, but "smart counting" --> if it finds a new grid, start counting again! i don't know if i'll be able to implement this, but hopefully i will, because personally i hate to see traktor counting incorrectly the beats...
    About the loop in and loop out feature, it's also in my to-do things, but haven't even tried it yet, will let you know as soon as i have it implemented to get feedback from you, people

20. Aleix Jiménez

As for this, i can tell you that unfortunately no... i can't assure you tough, but i remember once trying to use the filter button as a modifier when trying to implement MixerFX's, and was unsuccessfull, because it had a "strange behaviour", it simply allowed to toggle if i remember correctly? Maybe through the controller editor is possible now, no idea, let me know your results if you try it! :):thumbsup: