Symphony Series Brass - Trumpets Problem

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by amicus70, Feb 13, 2019.

1. amicus70

amicus70 NI Product Owner

Hi folks,

I loaded up the Symphony Series Brass Ensemble Trumpets.nki (the full Trumpets patch with all articulations), and choose the Staccato Velocity articulation (first time I've loaded it up), and noticed that it doesn't seem to work properly -- the highest velocity produces no sound.

Velocity Staccato does work when I try the Trumpets Staccato.nki patch all by itself. But within the main trumpets patch it doesn't. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Thanks.

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

I just checked Trumpets Essential, chose the staccato articulation, and all velocity layers are working fine for me.

3. amicus70

amicus70 NI Product Owner

Yeah I tested it in Essentials and it worked fine. The full Symphony Series Ensemble Brass version seems to be where the issue is. I may try downloading and reinstalling it.

4. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

Ah, right, I just saw that. I only have Essentials (demo mode) not the full version. Sorry I can't be of more help here.

5. airflamesred

airflamesred NI Product Owner

Seems to be above vel 114. Way beyond my Kontakt abilities I'm afraid.
    Id forgotten how wet that lib is.

6. Johan Kvastad

Johan Kvastad New Member

I have the same problem with the Staccato Velocity articulation. The problem seems more pronounced when using the "Natural" playback option over "Varispeed". On Varispeed only some samples produce no sound at high velocity.

If I instead use the Trumpets Staccato.nki, then the Staccato Velocity seems to work just fine. (There is no Natural or Varispeed option displayed in the performance tab for this nki.)