1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Sync For Pattern Switching...

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Mr36, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Scenes and Sections have it, but it would be very welcome if we could set a sync time for Pattern switching cf. Live's global quantize.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

+1

• Like Like x 1
  3. Common Sense

Common Sense New Member

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Ideally (for me), this feature would be implemented with a default setting in preferences and a controller combo to override it, allowing both sync'd and legato switching to be possible from the controller without switching grid/quantize settings.

For instance, I might have the default Pattern switching behaviour as "sync", which would mean that the Pattern will switch after the current one is finished, but in Pattern mode, holding a modifier and changing Patterns would override that default and switch immediately (legato style). Alternatively, default could be legato and the modifier+switch would trigger a sync'd Pattern change.

5. Computer Controlled

Computer Controlled New Member

Patterns to switch at END of pattern, not right away.
    Seems simple enough no? This is how all other sequencers work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. D-One

Not exactly simple, for this to be added there needs to be a minimum of options.
    IMHO pattern changing should work similarly to scenes/sections, the user should be able to select a time measure 1/4 1/2 1Bar etc... So that the patterns change in-time/synced, an option to only change at the end of the pattern could also be used but the first option would be more usefull for a greater amount of users since its what people are used to using in other popular platforms.

7. Computer Controlled

How is this not simple? And what other platforms work this way? Every other pattern based sequencer in existence works the way i'm explaining. The only one that didn't was the Beatstep Pro. It had this exact same problem, and all the early buyers immediately complained about it. They changed it in the first OS update. Looks like Maschine might sit on the back burner for me until NI get their act together and give people these options. I just can't use it the way i wanted to in its current way.

8. D-One

Maybe you missunderstood me. I too wan this feature but i surely dont want it just as "wait till end", I and many others want behavior similar to Ableton Live where we can define how the patterns "wait" for change, specifically the time messure. Just my opinion, its your feature request so feel free to ask whatever you personally want.
    GL

9. Computer Controlled

See, that's the key difference, Ableton offers you choices on HOW you want to set it up, because they know that not everyone works in the same fashion. NI? No choices. They just force you to work in the way they deem best =o] We all want different ways to work with patterns, but the common theme is that we want to be able to do it in a quantized/synced way. It's such a simple thing, i just don't know why it isn't already this way.

10. Computer Controlled

I know =o]

11. mr.Positive

mr.Positive NI Product Owner

+1 for patterns 1/4 1/2 1bar /whole pattern end fallow option

12. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

13. D-One

Merged.
    Here is a mockup:
    [​IMG]
    (I have added it to your OP Mr36, hope you don't mind its just to illustrate it)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

No problem. It made me think of something though... How valuable it would be to have this per Group as well. Again, like Live, users could leave it as the default "global", but each Group could have its own switching/quantize setting.

15. D-One

That would be cool, Live also has other useful things like launch modes, follow actions, etc... but atm I think that's dreaming a bit too much, I'd be happy with just the pattern sync switch so that Ideas View could actually be useful. Especially since i can see/change patterns in the KKS-MK2 screen but because it changes instantly it's currently silly for performing. (I could say the same about Jam too)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  16. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

17. AmeGarin

AmeGarin NI Product Owner

+1000

18. Tim Verberne

Tim Verberne NI Product Owner

Definitely +1. This feature would make live-performing a lot easier.

19. edr260

edr260 New Member

This woule be soooooo sweet ! Please NI, do something !

20. Tronikform

Tronikform NI Product Owner