1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Synth sound

Discussion in 'MASSIVE' started by syb, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syb

syb New Member

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me recreate the sound on the youtube link below at 1.43 - 1.45 . It only happens for a 2 seconds or so. It has been driving me crazy trying to get it.

I have seen on here that people have the knowledge and can help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-5IB6qaXho

Thank you in advance.

2. Summa

Summa Sounddesigner

Not sure what sound you're referring to, I guess it's not the voice sound and the screeching high pitched buzzer type sound is about the same thru the complete track, just differently pitched.

3. syb

syb New Member

Hi thank you for reply

Its the bass, sort of traditional dubstep sound, at 1 min 44.

4. Summa

Summa Sounddesigner

Sorry, I still have no clue, I'm absolute not genre proof. Their is no sound at this position you can't find anywhere else in the song, it's just differently modulated, pitched or post processed.

Bass wise I recognise at this position vocal type sound and and a subbass...

5. ADDJ

ADDJ Forum Member

if you mean the low sound, its either a sine or a REALLY filtered square. if you mean the 'woh-wah-woh-woh-woh-wah-woh' sounds, thats

a couple of square waves

detuned by a few cents apart from each other

played with plenty of portamento (glide)

sent through a bandpass filter with moderate resonace

with an envelope with a moderate-long attack modulating the filter frequency

OR with an lfo modulating the filter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.