T Pro 2 - Track Analysis (Folders)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Observator, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Observator

Observator NI Product Owner

In Traktor Pro you could click on the highest folder in your music collection tree and right-click "Import to Collection" and it would start analyzing any and all files not yet analyzed. So a folder "Music" may have "Rock", "Dance" under it and clicking on "Music" would envoke analysis of all files contained within the folders below it (Rock, Dance). Now, in Traktor Pro 2 what I'm finding is that it won't do it. You must go down to each subfolder (in this example Rock and Dance) and then perform the Import or Analyze functions. Is this true or am I missing something. If it is the case then thanks a lot NI for adding hours onto my process. I have to re-analyze 41,000 songs moving from Pro to Pro 2 and having to go down to each folder containing mp3 files to do it will not be fun. I love Traktor and have been using it since Traktor DJ Studio 2.6 days. But my patience is quickly running out. Customer support is very poor and the updates always seem to screw something that worked well up. If Virtual DJ just looked more pro...

2. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

tp2 still works the same way with import, and the reason you need to re analyze your songs is because if the new hi res waveforms stripes and transients. 41,000 songs on a decent computer will take maybe 2-3 days to re analyze so no big deal since you only need to do it once.

3. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

have you checked out the various options regarding the automated analyzation in traktors prefs?

4. Observator

Observator NI Product Owner

Thanks for the replies. My question still stands though - it has to do with the way you select folders to be analyzed. Again, if I have various folders and sub-folders under say "Music" folder, I'm able to "pull in" the "Music" folder into the collection and it will analyze everything below it. That's in Traktor Pro. With Traktor 2 however, it seems that if I do this it will not analyze. I must dig into the subfolders and analyze each one containing music. Imagine that you have various genre folders under "Music" and various folders under the genres folders. You can't Import to collection the the "Music" folder and let it analyze everything within automatically.

5. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

just do in the preferences and select analyze news tracks on import

6. gsh

gsh New Member

I found that if you go to all tracks and thn select FILE from the drop down filter on the search pane you can specify a folder path. I have an archive of tracks in a uniquely named folder, if you don't then create them and reimport your collection and then use that as a filter. Then select all the tracks in the main browser pane and you should find that you have all the tracks you want.

:)