1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

TDJ 2 is avaliable now ! (TDJ1 missed in store)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by Kalo, May 28, 2019.

1. Sean McCabe

Sean McCabe NI Product Owner

oh i see you mean like shift and jogwheel on the controller.

2. basile

basile NI Product Owner

How do you analyse a full playlist on the iPad version?

They only seem to analyse when you put each one separately in the deck...

3. Sean McCabe

To me it seems they analyze in the background very slowly was wondering if you could do it in itunes or some 3rd party app.

4. basile

basile NI Product Owner

It does, the same as the original Traktor DJ, except in that one it let you know how many songs of the total number of songs were analysed.

This version just seems to do it and not show a count!

5. basile

basile NI Product Owner

I see you can add songs to a tag list from the controller which is handy, but is there a controller shortcut to bring this taglist up?

6. Sean McCabe

shift and browse knob cycles through playlist i think shift and right browser button cycles through tags.

7. Maciej M Wetty

Maciej M Wetty New Member

Does anyone Can send me an install file for TDJ1 ?
    Is it possible ? :)

8. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Techically not possible, unfortunatly :( ... each app is encrypted for dedicated apple user account. Means my 'Traktor DJ 1.6.8.ipa' file will never work on an ipad of different user. Apple policy.
    Take away (sorry for must say): there is NO way to get the app if you did never buy it (at a time when it was still in store)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  9. msilver31

msilver31 NI Product Owner

hi, I have many mp3's on the ipad, tractor1 finds this, but why not tractor2?

is there still support for the s2mk2? or do I necessarily have to continue building on tractor1? why do you no longer offer them in the store? I feel that bad. I bought the app (luckily) and now I have to secure it.

You are using your monopoly position too much and I like your programs and apps, just not the way of marketing.

10. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

I don’t think that’s accurate. TDJ2 only supports the S2 mk3. You can use the S4 mk2 with TDJ1, but the S4 mk3 doesn’t work with any version of TDJ (only Traktor Pro).

11. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Yes, thats what i mean. I own a S4mk2 which works great in TDJ1 but not in TDJ2 .. and the new S4mk3 does not work in any TDJ, neither TDJ1 neither TDJ2 (as today ;))

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

I must have been tired when I posted that. Looks like I misread your post — you said exactly the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

no problem ;) .. and let's see when TDJ2 will support older mk2 versions (of S2/S4) .. it's on their high prio todo list ;)

14. Lars Lanzagorta

Lars Lanzagorta New Member

I own a S2 Mk3 and I've already tried 2 methods to connect it to my Ipad mini5 (With the newest IOS) with TDJ1 with no success
    - with the Ipad's usb cable to the S2 Mk3 Ipad port meanwhile the s2 Mk3 is power supplied externally, but when i do that it comes an ad saying "accesory uses too much power"
    - with a Lightning-USB port adapter to the s2 Mk3 usb cable (that goes to the Type B port) meanwhile the S2 Mk3 is power supplied externally, when I do that, nothing happens
    Does anybody know if the S2 Mk3 is currently compatible to TDJ1? and if it isn't, will it ever be?

I know the S2 Mk3 works fine on TDJ2, but honestly, that app doesn't have all the features i use and love form TDJ1, I know that the recording feature will be available later, but what about the rest (like master BPM round adjusting, track waveform scroll while the track is playing, etc)? I know I have so many doubts, but if someone has at least a bit of information to share, I will appreciate it (Btw I'm not a native English speaker, so if someone couldn't understand any of the text I wrote, feel free to correct me, I'm learning, greetings from Mexico :) )

15. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Hi Lars, welcome ... i may have some bad news: TDJ1 does NOT support the new S2mk3, only the older mk2. Its not a question how to connect (you tested perfect anyhow already), the device is not supported ... which is not surprising as the Current TDJ1 release is much older than mk3 (last release is years old)

I do not expect that the mk3 will supported at anytime in TDJ1, TDJ1 is in support mode, all new enhancements are made in TDJ2 only. We expect soon a S2/4mk2 support in TDJ2 only (not any mk3 in TDJ1)

We all hope (with you ; ) that TDJ2 will not need too much time to get similar functionalities like TDJ1 today ;) i am a TDJ1 user too until the major gaps in TDJ2 are covered. Please post all your gaps here too, was not sure you know this link ..
    https://support.native-instruments....opics/360000138078-Traktor-DJ-2-Feedback-Area

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  16. Lars Lanzagorta

Lars Lanzagorta New Member

Thank you so much for that info, now I have the context more clear, I think I only need to wait to TDJ2 to get better (I hope), anyways thank you so much for spending your time answering me, I appreciate it. :)

• Like Like x 1