1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Technics 1210 mk2 out of sync with each other, hard to beatmatch SOLVED

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by dlvo, Feb 28, 2017.

1. dlvo

dlvo New Member

Hello everyone,

I have some sort of an issue, I don`t know if this is normal but for a person coming from Stanton ST-150 I experience a strange situation with Technics that I currently have.

They have m44-7 shure needles.

In DVS, mode absolute, I find beatmatching very hard to do. They do not let me beatmatch. When trying to nudge or slow down the platter it jumps forwards or goes back immediately after I take my had off. It takes about 10 adjustments to correct 2 songs at the same bpm to actually match them because the platters accelerate if I release or slows down and does not stay where I let them.

I am sorry if I don`t explain this properly. It acts very strangely. With Stanton`s the beat would lock if I would nudge the platter or slow down to the exact position where it matches the second song without acceleration or brake.

Please do not mistake this behavior with bpm oscillation, flutter and wow. I know that there is an oscillation of 0.02 or something like that.
    The problem occurs immediately after I release the platter, it jumps forward or backward for about a half a second

Is this behavior normal or my Technics need some adjustments, corrections, interventions?

2. dlvo

dlvo New Member

Found the solution to this. Modded my tech`s and now they work beautifully with Traktor. The solution is called Disable Quartz Lock Mod.
    The issue is called: "The Quartz Fighting the Mix.''

3. Panotaker

Panotaker New Member

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

Interesting. So I guess I just have been used to what the Quartz does and "adjusted" myself to that so that I never had this issue?

5. Lymedo

Lymedo NI Product Owner

Seems a bit extreme to mod your decks so they work like another make/model.