1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Tekno pattern

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Emanuele24, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Emanuele24

Emanuele24 NI Product Owner

hello an example of tekno pattern

2. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

welcome

do you need a pattern or do want a "Tekno"-Pattern (haven´t read more than 10 years this writing, but ok ;) ) ?

3. Emanuele24

well also a tekno model.
    then I wanted to know if it was possible to create a sequence that you can play live? or is it not made to play live?
    for example how do you combine the kick 1/2 1/4 1/8 1/16?
    then you have to add the rest of the sounds.
    however what i can't do is to organize a pad i can create a live sequence

4. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

we have a language breakdown and it is very hard to pinpoint what you mean

it is fine for live and also for pattern based techno

do you need an example project to see?

i could post one but there is plate tetktonics in maschine library to show you

are you struggling to get a pattern page change in order to reach more pages of beats? what exactly is the issue an can you use google translate to help us help you?

5. Emanuele24

I'll send you a file then you understand and tell me what I'm wrong. anyway send me an example too

Attached Files:

6. THE WIDOWMAKER

i would love to help but that doesn't open

i assume it is because your maschine is newer OS than mine

sorry

7. Emanuele24

okay you can send me your example

8. THE WIDOWMAKER

of what?

did you load factory kits to see?

look for liebing kit, that will give you an idea of techno, well modern slow techno at least

9. THE WIDOWMAKER

quick edit of a factory kit into a few scenes

wast is it you need to see? what are you struggling with?

Attached Files:

10. Emanuele24

I tried it I see that you did it right away it's me who has to do more tests, an example of how the pattern is compiled to create the bass effect

11. Emanuele24

without kit it takes longer to put together sounds (loops) that are congruent with each other

12. THE WIDOWMAKER

aaah i see, it is the sounds

yes it takes time, i have about 200 of my own kits i have built over the years from sampling to make my life easy

just use factory and change some sounds or the processing, they are there for you - you paid for them. no shame there

• Like Like x 1
  13. Emanuele24

can you tell me if there is a key to change the length of the beat on the pattern from the pad, for example to change from kick 1/4 to 1/8 instead of using the mouse, can it be done from the keyboard? # 1/4

14. THE WIDOWMAKER

i only use the controller, never the software, i don't know if there are keyboard shortcuts

to lengthen or shorten notes i use the adsr envelope

15. Emanuele24

hello can you tell me where I can learn to understand how a tekno sound is composed, how the bars are divided? I wanted to find out if there was anyone who can explain it to me

16. THE WIDOWMAKER

i am sure there are many tutorials on YT or elsewhere if you search, i just use my ears and experience and go with what sounds good

OF COURSE , dance music is not supposed to be bound by rules so i would take any so called tutorials and lessons with a pinch of salt, yes we may follow some similarities in styles/genres but we should push our own styles and flavour into the ones we like

did you download a track and then try to split it up and use your ears to find where the rhythm sits? maschine would be great for this, as it creates a pattern from the slicing - that then will give you the idea you seek

ears, brain, practice - music is a journey, explore

17. Emanuele24

I know but I don't like to alter things already done, I'd just like to answer him

18. Emanuele24

to play quickly as I can do even if I load the sampling of music that I listen to as I do a mix xhe sounds I cannot understand the logic of the operation. it should be easy but I can't understand it, yet I think there is a way to produce very quickly

19. THE WIDOWMAKER

it is all about practice and using your ears , it isn't easy but is worth the time

but if you need visual and audible help did you search YT for explanations or demos like i said?

i just typed into YT a few words about building techno track and it throws up lots of what looks like tutorials about placement of notes and rhythm. This should be enough, like the videos after you watch and let the algorithm find you everything you need

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=building+a+techno+track+