Tempo sync issue with recorded clips

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by aweeeezy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. aweeeezy

aweeeezy NI Product Owner

Hello all,

Here's my setup:

Material is stored in Maschine (tempo master) and Soundflower carries sound into Ableton where it is performed/mixed/add FX.

I arrange percussion samples into patterns using Maschine.

I also send recordings of synth stuff made in Ableton to Maschine because
    a) I don't have any midi buttons left to program for triggering recordings in Ableton
    b) I like the idea of having all my material archived in Maschine for easy access and organization

The problem is that iterations of the recorded synth loops will overlap or be cut short if the tempo is anything but exactly what it was recorded at.

Is there anyway to circumvent this besides keeping recorded synth stuff inside Ableton or slicing the recordings?

2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

You can timestretch your loops with the STRETCH function in the Maschine sampler.

3. aweeeezy

But this would require me to plan my tempo changes, right? I'm trying to find the stretch function in the sampler...you can't mean the grain stretch module?

4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Yeah, you need to settle on a BPM first really. It's a function in SAMPLE > EDIT. If your loop is a constant number of beats it is pretty quick.

5. aweeeezy

I think l'll settle for slicing my audio and dropping each sound into Maschine and make groups that way.