Test two values together?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Bill Tribble, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Bill Tribble

Bill Tribble Member

Trying to convert a 'velocity 0' note to a true note off, so I need to test the 'note number' and 'velocity' together. (More on that here )

I remember in Max we'd use 'lists' for the purpose. How do I do this in Reaktor?

2. ANDREW221231

ANDREW221231 Active Member

i tried doing manual note offs one time and it was a shitshow. nothing i tried ever worked. however the other time, when note offs were not of particular concern, everything worked fine. midi in reaktor is craaazzzyyyy

3. Bill Tribble

Bill Tribble Member

hah, yeah... kind of gave up on this route in the end - seems a 'hold' was good enough.

4. ANDREW221231

if i haven't been there. lol good old reaktor. if it was a hot water heater, the power supply would be jimmy rigged from a light socket and the check valve would be a thermostat controlling one of those valves that feeds a washing machine

5. Bill Tribble

Bill Tribble Member

haha! Sounds about right.

At least the snapshots thing works - I had such a nightmare trying to handle presets in Max for Live..

6. ANDREW221231

yeah, shapshots are a fair shake. any problem i have with them is due to bad building habits on my part

i've never given max a try, but my impression is it almost seems over developed, as if you'd be drowning in possible options. with reaktor it feels more underdeveloped, but at least with that it demands resourcefulness and problem solving, keeps you lean

7. Bill Tribble

Bill Tribble Member

This is true. I know Max has true snapshots now, but in the past it was like "save a preset? - what an exciting project!"