Testing MacOS Sierra Public Beta !!! Core Audio is fixed" 100% percent confirmation.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by MichaelKMusic, Aug 25, 2016.

1. wissman

wissman Member

So is it safe to upgrade to siera yet?

2. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic Forum Member

3. wissman

wissman Member

I am using 2 CDJS 2000 connecting them directly through USB cables using HID mode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MichaelKMusic

MichaelKMusic Forum Member

U will have no issues Wissman I am fully confident that u will be able to use what u have without any issues. :)

5. wissman

wissman Member

Aight thank u man will update right now and let u know on weekend :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

I have to add that this is not an official Native Instruments thread. NI have not yet issued a statement that macOS Sierra is problem free.
    Users upgrade at their own risk and should follow the upgrade instructions posted previously in this thread if they rely on their system for gigs.

Hopefully NI will announce something soon.

Karlos

7. scampooo

scampooo Member

It's official ;)

Attached Files:

8. Karlos Santos

That merely states that certain hardware works on macOS Sierra.
    The software specs have not yet been updated to show 10.12 compatibility.

Traktor is still being tested on macOS Sierra. The CentreCode test is still live.

So as I said... this thread isn't official.

I'm hoping NI will make an announcement soon.

Karlos

9. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

In the process of doing a completely clean install of Sierra after first restoring my 10.8.5 install onto an external Thunderbolt SSD, checking that I can boot to it, removing my 10.8.5 PCIe SSD and storing in an anti-static bag, installing a clean PCIe SSD, boot to my Sierra USB Installer and kick it off.

Sierra installed - completely turn off App Nap, turn off every other energy saving thing, turn off every notification, install Traktor Pro 2.6.8, copy all music from the external Thunderbolt SSD (so quick these days), open Tractor and start fresh collection.

Install update to Traktor Pro 2.10.3, don't import collection, start fresh collection.

I will be installing Mixed In Key 8 later, and possibly Maschine.

I will be testing over the next couple of days and using it at my gig on Friday. I will have my external Thunderbolt SSD with 10.8.5/2.6.8 to boot into if there are any problems ... as well as the usual USB stick full of tracks to use in the CDJ's if required.

• Like Like x 1
  10. scampooo

scampooo Member

How do you disable App Nap completely?

11. hypnorex

hypnorex New Member

Disable App Nap System Wide in Mac OS X

Turning this off may impact every task, process, or application that runs in the background of OS X:

• Open the Terminal app, found in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder
      • Copy and paste the following defaults string into the terminal, then hit the return key:
        defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES
      • Close out of Terminal and relaunch apps and/or processes for the change to carry through

Source: http://osxdaily.com/2014/05/13/disable-app-nap-mac-os-x/

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  12. brh986

brh986 New Member

Is there any fix for the Audio 8 DJ or do I just have to throw this away?

I read this so I know NI won't help:

The production of these devices reach out as far as 10 years ago and it has ceased for at least 3 years or longer. In their place, current-generation products make use of the class-compliant technology. Our development teams have spent their resources ensuring that these devices are always up-to-date with this technology as required by the latest Apple operating systems (OS X, macOS and iOS). This development includes a full redesign of the devices' electronics and their underlying architecture.

By comparison, implementing the same development guidelines for older, discontinued devices would cost too much time and effort. For these reasons these devices will not be officially supported in macOS Sierra or future versions of macOS. We appreciate your understanding.

If you own any of the above devices, we recommend that you continue operating them under your current OS X version.

That isn't really true, the support was really buggy on the last few versions of OS X. Support was unhelpful, their response was always "well, it's old."

My Audio 8 DJ completely stopped working and it isn't detected at all by the driver. It's connected and all the status lights look normal.

[​IMG]

13. Karlos Santos

Have you upgraded to macOS Sierra already?

The warning about Audio 8 compatibility was posted weeks ago as was the warning in this thread to install macOS Sierra on an external drive if you wished to test it with NI hard/software.

As stated support with those devices has ceased so there won't be any further work done on drivers for those devices.

Karlos

14. EIZOOO

EIZOOO Forum Member

So just for your information:

i have upgraded to Sierra yersterday and the first two hours test was absolutly fine! No connection issues, dropouts or something else with my Audio 8 so far.

15. lourma

lourma Forum Member

I currently use Traktor Scratch Pro 2 with a Audio 8 (on El Capitain), not using timecode and sometimes have issues with it (dropouts). Will try disabeling the AppNap and setting soundcard to 48kHz, maybe it helps. Will see if I upgrade to Sierra...
    If it does not work ok I was thinking maybe aggregating two Audio 2 Mk2 soundcard could be a solution... That will cost me about 185Euros instead of one Audio 10 for 485Euros...(Why must I buy a Traktor License when I just need the soundcard?)
    Do anyone have tried using two Audio 2 Mk2?
    Any issues use a USB-hub for the soundcards?

16. brh986

brh986 New Member

Nobody is is disputing whether or not the compatibility notice was posted "weeks ago". The question is if anyone has found a work around.

Also the claimed support for previous versions was never there since years. I always had problems with dropouts and there was no support.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  17. DJ Tim-A

DJ Tim-A New Member

Hi guys, i'm using traktor pro 2 (2.10.3.29) the latest one. MacBook Pro Retina late 2013. I've updated to Sierra OS but now i founded that scrolling in traktor in browser seems to me very bad, it differs with scrolling on my MacBook Pro. I need to scroll repeatedly to move to the needed place of browsing tree or song file.
    When i do careful and accurate scrolling, it doesn't response on touching the touchpad, and if i make sharp moves while scrolling it response with fast moving.
    Please help me with solving this problem, its really annoying, thank you in advance

18. M3CH7

M3CH7 New Member

any one tested this on an s2 mk1?

19. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I've also noticed that scrolling is not smooth. I've used Sierra and 2.10.3 at 2 gigs this weekend and although I didn't have any audio dropouts there are a few things to be ironed out ... I will expand on this later!

20. Juan Bas

Juan Bas Member

Hi all, I updated to macOS Sierra and on my 6hrs gig in the weekend it went all just fine. NO distorted audio nor dropouts.
    I have a S2 mkII and also recommend to update to Sierra!!

• Like Like x 1