thanks..!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO 2.7.5 Public Beta Test' started by NReek, Mar 31, 2015.

1. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

for listening our concerns in the previous beta sub-forum, for solving some of the issues that are bothering us, and last but not least, for providing such detailed release notes.

looking forward for giving a try to this new release when i reach home.

keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Daniel Ventura

Daniel Ventura NI Product Owner

same here: big thx for this update!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Irv_Tf

Irv_Tf NI Product Owner

Thank you NI. I'll try to test this out this week and possibly live if it's stable enough after a week or 2.

4. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

I was about to post the same - thanks for the detailed release/change notes!
    c.

5. TroyMichael

TroyMichael Forum Member

glad this is out. The details in the release notes and the problems addressed is very much appreciated.

I will give this a good test soon.

6. dimonimo

dimonimo NI Product Owner

Year,
    trank you for another Beta instead of finaly release a stable final.

Yeah, thank YOU for nothing!
    Still using 2.6.8 with all knowen bugs.

7. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

there have been bugs definitely ironed out in this release, even though it is still a beta. but work is being done.

i'd rather have releases properly labeled (as beta) than finding unadverted bugs in an otherwise supposedly stable release.

if you have concerns or have found bugs, report them properly and most probably they'll be taken into account.

8. dimonimo

dimonimo NI Product Owner

Instand of releasing final versions they just lable it Beta....nothing else changes.
    But we morons don't complain any more....kind of a win/win Situation eh?

9. Irv_Tf

Irv_Tf NI Product Owner

Respectfully @dimonimo this is a beta for testing purposes. I don't expect it to be 100% stable and you shouldn't use 2.7.5 beta to play music in public settings. The point of a public beta is to find bugs and detail them for the programmers to correct. By reporting problems in detail you are actually helping every other Traktor user get a stable final release.

For example: I found a bug in 2.7.4 and told NI the exact steps that caused the crash. Low and behold 2.7.5 did not have the bug. I just pointed out a bug with the effects routing and I'm sure the fix will make it's way to the next release. Some other bugs pointed out might be more elusive to the programers or dependent on variables on individual systems and not so easily corrected. Jerry Maguire would say "Help NI to help you!".

10. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

while i see things moving forward, reported problems being solved within a timely frame, and information about what's been done provided... i won't complain, no. i've seen what appears to be a change of mind lately in these regards from NI and i'm glad for this.

it doesn't mean traktor is perfect neither i have all i would like to have there, but i'd rather add constructive comments than vague complaints.

why don't you document exactly what's bothering you, in the beta or technical issues subforums?

11. [chris b]

[chris b] NI Product Owner

I'm in agreement here. Yeah, the release notes are better but the beta tag just says "disclaimer" to me.

When will we get a stable release? 2.7.6? 2.7.7? 2.7.8? Because that's where we're going with this. 2.7 was released a long time after 2.6.8 and it was a total disaster for a lot of users, why is it taking so long to release something considered approaching reliable?

• Like Like x 1
  12. NReek

NReek NI Product Owner

again, i prefer to have the disclaimer upfront rather than finding issues, bugs, and/or undesired surprises on a "stable", freshly released version.

it's way more honest towards us, and we can follow/participate in the process as well.

whenever it comes, the next stable release will be more stable than usually, for sure.

win/win fellows.

13. Irv_Tf

Irv_Tf NI Product Owner

The more users that test the beta, report bugs and give feedback. The faster the problems can be worked out and a stable version released. I used to partake in Serato betas as well and I can tell you they were not perfect. The users were catching many bugs that were in turn fixed. I AM NOT seeing the same level of cooperation from Traktor users. I mainly see complaints about betas but, no specifics on problems or detailed reports.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  14. reaktiv

reaktiv Member

well done NI! I really enjoy this new beta, solving almost every issue I had! Thanks for listening the community here

15. reaktiv

reaktiv Member

instead of moaning, just try this new beta. It's perfect!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. [chris b]

Perfect? Really?

A quick scan of the beta forum suggests there's quite a few issues and the release notes don't sound very convincing with respect to fixing the m4a issue, which is the main reason I'm stuck on a version that's over a year old. That and the "known issues" section in the release notes suggests it's far from perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  17. [chris b]

Given the fast upcoming Stems integration, my hopes for a stable version of Traktor are pretty low. They should really concentrate on fixing issues that have dogged the software for a long time before introducing what I would guess is a massive change like Stems but I get the impression that 99% of the resources go into implementing features they can sell rather than fixing the crap.

As for public betas, it seems a little convenient to all of a sudden introduce them when the software is such a mess. As said above it seems like a cynical ploy to placate the angry mob.

2.6.8 was released over a year ago. There is nothing win/win about that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. reaktiv

reaktiv Member

So theres the happy mob and the angry one here. I should have written that this bêta fixed most of the issues IN MY EXPERIENCE. I had an hour session yesterday and it worked Like a charm.

I really think that we are now on the road to a perfect version! Hope that problems you had will get fixed next time.

19. Jackpot Slot Machine

Jackpot Slot Machine NI Product Owner

Keep shmooooooking .... this is far from perfect, for me it's worse than 2.7.4 (at least that one would run)

20. reaktiv

reaktiv Member

For me it was the opposite, 2.7.4 had terrible glitches. we have such different configurations and OSes so that everyone has a different experience with a bêta.
    (Running a i7 2.0 laptop with win 8.1 )