The art of DSP in REAKTOR with Vadim Zavalishin

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by Mick @ NI, Jun 15, 2018.

1. alfonso santimone

alfonso santimone NI Product Owner

?? joking i guess :)

2. colB

colB NI Product Owner

it's not dead, it's pining...

3. herw

herw NI Product Owner

no joke :( only watching and hearing
    It is a disaster since three years

4. alfonso santimone

So you have the feeling that NI is on its way of adbandoning Reaktor? :-(

5. herw

herw NI Product Owner

yes

6. alfonso santimone

that would be very bad...hope you're wrong :-(

7. KoaN

KoaN NI Product Owner

You are more in the know about that but to me it doesn't feel like it's dead...but it sure seems like they don't really listen to the community here and go their own agenda...a bit sad because there are intelligent and creative people in here who knows how to improve the product.
    Let's hope Reaktor doesn't just become a tool to sell trendy sounds to the mass.

8. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

A german spell said: Totgesagte leben länger - …

9. alfonso santimone

...we have something similar in italian...

10. bogumil

bogumil NI Product Owner

a disaster?
    Reaktor 6 came.
    A lot of new stuff in UL.
    Recent competition.
    Why a disaster?

• Like Like x 1
  11. colB

colB NI Product Owner

Is this from inside information that we're not privy to?

Seems to me that Reaktor has been neglected for way longer than three years, but it does keep staggering slowly forward.

12. herw

herw NI Product Owner

no inside information, i get no information and i am not privileged - only watching and hearing here and that's enough what i see since three years: no change, no development, no word about the future of REAKTOR; so, do you see that REAKTOR is living? I don't.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  13. KoaN

KoaN NI Product Owner

The problem i think is there's no interaction,communication at all from the development team to the community...and then out of the blue something new appear.
    I don't even care to report bugs because i don't even know where is the official place for that and if they ever read them.
    They don't comment or answer anything maybe apart Vadim but it's only about very technical stuff on dsp and Mick seems to be on the forum side only.
    So being close to the community doesn't seem to be their priority.

14. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

There has been the 6.2.2 update, not in depth changes but...

15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

herw, your birthday is around a point for people looking in the future or searching for philosophies.
    In german is your character in one sentence: Das Gewissen der Umwelt. Means all around you.
    I've had a boss 15 years long born on the same day with a similar character.

16. Big Gnome

Big Gnome NI Product Owner

I have to respectfully disagree with you here. I'll grant you it's been three years since the last huge, earth-shattering update, but there have only been two of those in the 10+ years I've been working with Reaktor, v6 and v5.6. It's been consistently maintained since then, having been updated as recently as June; and it's a platform for numerous commercial products--TRK-01 was just released a few months back, and Form, what, a little over a year ago or thereabouts? And then there was the builder's contest they just had--how successful that may have been in promoting Reaktor is perhaps a matter of debate, but we got a handful of excellent user ensembles out of it and a small influx of "fresh blood". Unless you have some information to the contrary, this looks very much to me like the life cycle of a stable, mature product that's probably not going anywhere. Do you disagree?

• Like Like x 2
  17. alfonso santimone

....arghhh.... :-D :-D

18. herw

herw NI Product Owner

:( sorry, typically NI

19. alfonso santimone

Yes, i get what you mean, but probably NI has not enough human resources to invest on forum support.
    Definitely you're right when you notice that some years ago the whole forum thing was more active and helpful.

20. herw

herw NI Product Owner

i am alpha- and beta-tester since years - but i don't know why

• Informative Informative x 1